iOS 4.0 iMemory Enhancer - Does it work or does it not ?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Nickmadkiller, Aug 5, 2010.

?

Was your installation successful in this tutorial?

1. Yes

57.4%
  2. No

27.9%
  3. Incorrectly Installed

14.8%
  1. Nickmadkiller

Nickmadkiller Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    [HOW-TO]iMemory Enhancer Installation & Uninstalling Instructions

Please Register or Log in to view images

If you would like to proceed to installation procedures please scroll down and skip the threads news.
    If you are new to this program I highly recommend reading the entire thread for additional information.
    Check daily for updates on the thread which includes news,updates,and new additional information about the program.
    Below is Thread News

Now Including Uninstalling Instructions!

Post your ideas about this program and what you think about it!
    I do not take any responsibility if your device has a malfunction.

VERY IMPORTANT!Thread Update #9 [9/6/10]

This is a important message by me to tell you guys some stuff about this.

If you have just recently installed it or have had this program for a while and wondering or suspecting this program has caused you to have boot problems then follow what I have to say.

First off I have had this problem from the beginning.

The only way I could get my iPod to boot up without problem is to hard reboot which from what I know is very bad for your iPod.

If you want this problem to be solved then all you have to do is remove iMemory Enhancer.

You can see the uninstalling instructions in this thread below.

I hope this solves many problems for you guys

No longer will you suffer annoying bootloop type symptoms.

Thread Update #8 [8/30/10]

Additional Information about iMemory Enhancer...
    If anybody does get into a boot loop make sure you let your iPod sit there on the boot screen for at least 30 mins max.

After that then you'll have to do a DFU restore.

Thread Update #7 [8/24/10]

Thread has now been updated with new logos.
    Expect to have more frequent updates on the thread.

Thread Update #6 [8/20/10]

Hey everybody I know it's been a while since Iv'ed posted some news on here but I am excited to say that now this thread includes uninstalling directions.If you would like to uninstall this program follow the instructions below.

Thread Update #5 [8/16/10]

I'm going to finally post the website of the creators of this program.So if you want more info about the creators or info on anything else they may have you can check it out here:

http://gumballtech.com/

Thread Update #4 [8/14/10](10:14 PM)

I'm proud to announce that this thread has become a great hit.

From the statistics it appears that most people have a great success with it.Theres a very small chance at a failure and even slimmer at incorrectly installing it.

I'm glad to give you all a good tutorial for getting this program installed.

Now lets move on.

Earlier today I gave you guys details on how I have a decrease of RAM with this program installed with themes.

Obviously it will make the RAM lower but heres a screenshot of what you get with themes installed (nothing in multitasking).

As you see I have a decrease of RAM compared to the pictures below this threads news.

Since having 80 RAM is really high for 2nd generations thats really no big deal.

Having VM will make themes that change frequently in your background run much more smoothly.

I had about a 6 RAM decrease which is no big deal so feel free to run themes.

Thats just another thing that iMemory Enhancer is good for.

Thread Update #3 [8/14/10]

After looking into more about this I found that "obviously" your RAM will be higher without themes or any other programs running in the background.

But heres the good news.I get about 89 RAM without themes and such stuff but with themes enabled I get around 83 RAM.

6 RAM decrease but that's nothing to worry about considering your getting over 80 RAM instead of 30-45 RAM.

Important Thread Update News

It appears somebody has figured out how to fix the boot loop problem.He figured out how to get out of a bootloop while installing iMemory Enhancer.I will be posting more information about this later on.

Could this fix the boot loop problem?I guess we'll find out.

Stay tuned for more information over the next week.

[8/14/10]

Problem still hasn't been found yet.Will still look into the boot loop solution.

Stay tuned!

Thread Update #2 [8/9/10]

I have posted about how the iOS 4.0 is compatible but I just got information from somebody saying that it works with the 4.0.1 also for the iPhone.

For everybody that wants to update to it do so!It's now safe to actually install it with knowing it's compatible.

Thread Update #1 [8/8/10]

Today is 8/8/10 and I have just found something strange while using this program.

A couple days ago I encountered a problem (non-related to this) which caused me to restore because itunes wasn't letting me sync my stuff to my iPod.

Anyways today I restored my iPod and when I booted it up and everything I installed Sbsettings and found that I actually had an increase of memory from when I didn't have iMemory Enhancer installed before.

So you're wondering : Why should I even get this program and take the risk?

I have said many times that there are risks.

The reason why you should be looking into this program and installing it is because for anybody that has a laggy iPod and can't spend the money on a new iPod need something that can give your iPod an extra amount of memory.

This program will speed up your iPod like you just got it out of the box.

Sick of games crashing constantly?Not with this program.Your iPod's games will now run smoothly and not crash often.No more worrying about saving your games every several minutes.

The benefits of this program are very useful.If you fail your first attempt give it another try!You got nothing to lose and it's worth the risk.So give iMemory Enhancer a try!

Addition Information Below

I use to have about 47MB max without iMemory Enhancer.

Now heres how much memory I got when I restored my iPod without it.

My theory is is that once you install iMemory Enhancer that even though you restored and it's no longer there it still leaves some "code" or whatever behind which still increases your memory from it's original setting.

I received a 12MB increase than I originally had.

Also I had a "slight" increase with my RAM once I reinstalled iMemory Enhancer today.

So heres a screenshot of it.

I'm not sure if iMemory Enhancer had anything to do with the 12MB increase in the above picture with the 57MB but theres no really way to tell.

Also to close this update off I have successfully installed iMemory Enhancer 2 times in a row without any problems.

Also people that install iMemory Enhance a 2nd time because you restored or something or uninstalled it I noticed my second time around when booting up my iPod it took it significantly longer to boot up.It boots up fine now but it did take it some time to boot up.

I actually thought I was caught in a bootloop till I checked my iPod several minutes later.

Anyways that closes the first update for this thread.

Installation Procedures below
    Read carefully through

BEFORE YOU PROCEED!
    I do not take responsibility of your device being either:

1. Bricked
    2. Bootlooped
    3. Or any other malfunction.

4.0 and 4.0.1 are compatible

All firmwares currently are compatible.The instructions is exactly how I did it.

[REQUIREMENTS]

This is 3.0 and 4.0 compatible.

All model types

All iDevices (iPods/iPhones)

[FOR BEGINNERS OR NEW COMERS FOR JAILBREAKING]

If your new to this kind of stuff let me give you the details.

You MUST read the entire thread.Many people that are encountering problems are skipping around and not getting the full picture of what to do.

If you encounter problems it's your own fault and not mine.Below is proof that I successfully got iMemory Enhancer installed on the iOS 4.0.

[WHAT YOU NEED FOR IT TO WORK]

You need your iDevice jailbroken.

Redsn0w for older devices (MB not MC).

Newer devices need to jailbreak with jailbreakme.com using your mobile safari app on your iPod.Once jailbroken get SbSettings for freeing up the memory and what not.After that you need to get the source www.gumballtech.com/cydia.

[LET'S CONTINUE ON!]

Okay guys I'm gonna give you proof,that the iMemory Enhancer works successfully.Many of you think that it "kills" your iPods or iPhones.It's a bunch of bullcrap so get your head clear and listen.

Heres a screenshot of my 2/3rd gen MC model iPod Touch 8GB not running the iMemory Enhancer...

Now look at how much RAM I have currently..I'm not running much in my multitasking (Cydia,settings,a couple other things) nothing that should drain the CRAP out of it.

12MB is very slow.

Now heres a screenshot of my iPod running iMemory Enhancer...

Convinced yet?If not it's a painless installationHeres a tiny guide (you don't need a insane guide to get it without any problems)First off you need to get the source:www.gumballtech.com/cydiaNow you'll need to find iMemory Enhancer in Cydia or Cyder (Desktop manager for Cydia).

Now once it's installed close out of Cydia.Then you will want to reboot IMMEDIATELY.If your iPod isn't jailbroke by a untethered jailbreak then you won't want to do this.

Also it's completely normal for the iDevice to boot up for a little while (45 seconds usually)Now turn your device back on then you will need to access SBsettings.

(Make sure you have SbSettings)

Now go to proccesses and now free the memory.Give it a few seconds and there you go.Now you should have up to 90MB max.Now isn't that simple?It's as simple as that.My iPod is running great now so I gotta give it for the creators of this program.Also to add I do have apple's multitasking and wallpaper enabled.

Uninstalling Directions below

For anybody that doesn't like having this program on there iPod because you" don't feel that it's doing anything heres some steps you can do to remove this program without restoring your iPod.

The first thing you need to do is go to Cydia > Manage > Packages > iMemory Enhancer'Then uninstall the program.After that "if" you are still having more RAM then you need to remove the iMemory Daemon.You can search for how to remove daemons around the web or on the forums.

Hope that helps

Read this before Installing iMemory Enhancer

There are risks in installing this.

Many people will either install it incorrectly,will reboot and their iPod will bootloop,and will have to either have to restore or try to get it back to the main screen.

Most people that have this issue though tend to get a success at it their second time.

This thing works perfectly but it's a gamble to get it successfully installed.

You MUST reboot after it's installed.Do not do anything else once installed.

Enjoy your fantastic RAM increase!
  2. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Yeah you know what? It killes your iPod about 2 Years faster. Have fun with it

3. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    It doesn't kill your iPod...
  4. Jkownz

Jkownz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    How did you get game center?
  5. Lux2GS

Lux2GS Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    You don't know what youre doing with it, do you?
    You use the SSD Memory (which has a limit) as RAM - There is a reason why we have a separate ram. After a certain times of writing/reading your SSD (which Memory Enhancer uses) your iPod will stop working. Even if you don't use the program. Now using your SSD as RAM implements that your write/read more from it, which means the disk is more used, which means you reach the limit faster. And now think about it. What do you prefer? Playing games without lags, or treating your SSD Memory well, so that your iPod survives a longer time?
  6. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    I'd tell you the source but I think it's a pirated source or something.

Also Lux your theory is false.There is no proof that it KILLS it.I haven't heard anybody have their iPod die with it on.

There will be no actual proof that it degrades your iPod till there is a lot of use over the next few years with it enabled.

Give me proof that it kills peoples iPod and then we'll talk facts

------------------double post merged------------------
    Also a reminder most people suggest that the life-span is around 5-10 years.Even then do you think somebody will have the 2nd gen iPod when the 7th gen or 13th gen iPod is out?

I doubt it.They may still have it but most likely they will have a future generation iPod Touch.

Either way it doesn't matter really because the life-span lasts a long time "if" it does degrade it.

2 less years could mean instead of it being 15 years it could be 12 years.Your saying it'll die 2 years earlier but how "much" earlier?

I'm just telling you that virtual memory is safe and reliable for a LONG-TERM use.By a long term at least 5-10 years long of a lot of use.
  7. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well if this actually kills your iPod faster, let it be! How long is an iPod supposed to last anyways?
  8. Nickmadkiller

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    Lol not long in my opinion.Most people have their iPods stolen,broken,or something happens to em which doesn't result in a hardware issue that kills it.
  9. Jkownz

Jkownz Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I installed it and I now have a bootloop. Thanks for that
  10. Bl1tzkrieg

Bl1tzkrieg Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well my friend has a first gen iPod touch, he still has it and it works just fine.. I don't even plan on keeping this one much longer (Since the 4g's are coming out soon) So why not?