images burning into screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Youknowwho1890, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Youknowwho1890

Youknowwho1890 New Member

Hey I know that some TVs can have images burn into the screen if they stay on the screen too long, and I was wondering if the same can happen to a touch. I'm wondering in particular about zodttd emulator portrait controllers burning into the screen from extended play, or stuck pixels. Is there a risk of burning the controller into the screen? And if there is, am I more at risk by using a controller that is mostly white? I will give rep if someone gives me a KNOWLEDGABLE answer to this, particularly someone who knows more about the nature of the ipods screen and about stuck pixels, burned-in-images, etc.
  2. mrv9292

mrv9292 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think images can only be burn into early model plasma tv's, and the ipod has an lcd, and now the technology has improved so i think image retention is only temporary.
    1 person likes this.
  3. grizzjr1

grizzjr1 Member

I would think that if you use the semi-transparent buttons they would probably not burn in because of the game running behind them. I probably wouldn't risk having full colored buttons. Just my input.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. jordanpooph555

jordanpooph555 New Member

That happened when i jailbroke my ipod with 1.1.3 firmwarte once and i could only unlock it and open the apps but not play them

I thought it was broken

so i restored it and it has never done iot scense
  5. a33a

a33a New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    LCD screens work by twisting electrons to display the image(Red,green and blue light) and a backlight to light the image.
    Plasma screens (susceptible to screen-burn) work by exciting noble gases in between two layers of glass which then (the phosphors) emits light.
    Screen burn occurs when the compounds of phosphor (which emit the light) lose there luminosity gradually. So when one part of the screen is used more than other parts, the most frequently (stable images) used parts of the screen "burns" into the panel because the areas with lowered luminosity become more visible.
    So there shouldn't be no burn-in risk with an LCD panel.
    2 people like this.
  6. UncleChuckle

UncleChuckle New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I believe it IS possible to get an afterimage on an LCD screen. I read up on it a while ago. However, it's not burnt in. I can't remember the exact technical definition, but basically if you wind up with an afterimage, just have something on the screen that isn't what caused it and it should disappear after an hour or so.

Of course I may have read this on Wikipedia, which may very well mean it's bullsh*t.
  7. a33a

a33a New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah I think LCD's can get a temporary burn-in. But it isn't permanent
  8. Jay_21

Jay_21 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    heres somthing: when i use IM (apollo) and my ipod freezes i have to reset holding down the home and wake/sleep button. For a couple of seconds the keybored is burned into the screen. But slowly fades away. The longer its frozen, the longer the image takes to fade.
    I hate it when it happens.
  9. Youknowwho1890

Youknowwho1890 New Member

k thanks. this was the answer i was looking for. now i know i dont have to worry.