Imafia broken friend system. Avoid it!

Discussion in 'Social Game Friend Codes' started by th0mb0y, Feb 14, 2009.

1. th0mb0y

th0mb0y New Member

The imafia friend system is broken IMO. First of all, there is no reward for the # of friends you have. No real incentive to add all those friends. On top of that, you actially put your character at risk by adding the people to your list. Let me explain:
    Now that the news feed is up and running, I noticed the same guy kept coming back throughout the day and kicking my butt. The name sounded familiar so I looked at my friend list and there he was, level 39 vs my level 30.
    The dialog in your friend list lets you attack your friends regarless of what level you are. Maybe you guys already knew that, but as for me, I'm getting rid of the people on my list until there is some benefit associated with the risk.
    BTW the guy in question is named deadmat an I got him off of the "official" list from this website, he's probably on your list too...
  2. GoldRush!

GoldRush! New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Eh, I'd agree to be honest thats why I don't play iMafia anymore.
  3. badamsfx

badamsfx New Member

I haven't played the other mafia games so the friends list on iMafia seems fine to me. What is this "official website" you refer to that you got names off of? The Playmesh site that I've seen is only a link to the AppStore. I only have my son and one other guy on my list. It's funny because the other guy on my list kicked my a$$ and robbed me blind and I was searching for him to put out hit on him but it sent a friend request instead. We get along okay now. I wish there was a way to get an email address from him because it would be fun to communicate and compare notes.
  4. ManningQB18

ManningQB18 New Member

Thats how its supposed to be, and its much better that way, because then everyone is equal, if you can't win unless you get 50 people to gang up on someone, then your playing it wrong. This way, everyone is always completely equal and can't fight someone with 100+ Mafia members without spending anything. It is FAIR when there are no advantages except what YOU have worked for, the friends list is just to keep track of your friends, not to have a big mob, like in the other screwed up games
  5. bam42685

bam42685 New Member

My friend in real life got rid of me because he's focusing on real estate and I'm focusing on fighting. I kept beating him up and taking his money because he doesn't put it in the bank and has around $700,000. Now I can't because he's a different level. If your somewhere around level 16 or 17, fight "partanimal."
  6. badamsfx

badamsfx New Member

Wow, you're mean! Are you mafia in real life?!
  7. eVizions

eVizions New Member

Personally, this is why I like iMafia better than the other 2. Why should you benefit from spending hours of your time copying codes from websites? What have you actually "achieved" by doing that? The real challenge is having to earn members and decide if you want to spend your money on real estate, weapons or members.
  8. badamsfx

badamsfx New Member

Totally agreed. I'm laying out spreadsheets to calculate return on investment and weapon points per expense, etc. What I haven't had time to figure out is at what point it will become quicker to just make a charge at the next objective (ie save to buy the boat and harbor and mafia members for sea smuggling) vs approaching it incrementally by continuing to buy real estate to keep upping my income to be able to afford the stuff I need faster. At any rate, IT'S NEVER FAST ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  9. wilddude503

wilddude503 New Member

Lols, i always beat up on my friends list for easy +wins

Currently level 52 with 11mill per hour.
  10. MurphyMfc

MurphyMfc Banned