iMac vs. MacBook Pro: Making the Right Choice

Discussion in 'Front page news archive' started by News Bot, Aug 25, 2009.

1. News Bot

News Bot iFans.com News

2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

that is really interesting. usually, im on the go wherever i am, and i am a university student, so the macbook pro easily comes into play for my situation.
  3. vxspartan117xv

vxspartan117xv Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    I have always wanted an iMac.....nice, glossy, great performance.

I am getting a new desktop soon and I think I have decided to get a dell.
    Dells are way cheaper and I can get double the performance I get in a Mac for the same price. Although I really want a Mac I think I am going to have to go with PC.

Thoughts?

In response to this I would defiantly prefer an imac to a mac book pro.
  4. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would prefer a MacBook, only because they're lighter and there's no more room in my house for a desktop. If I had room, I would definitely get an iMac.
  5. EugeneO

EugeneO New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Recently, 2 weeks ago, I went through the same thing. I decided to get Mac. It was either a MacBook Pro or the 24 inch iMac. I rarely took my Sony notebook out of the house and I wanted a Mac that had a big screen, that was fast and great graphics. Also as stated already, the iMac comes with more. So I bought a iMac. I've had it for 2 weeks and I love it. I'm playing World of Warcraft and the graphics are amazing!!!
  6. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You also have to remember when deciding to buy a Mac, What your going to use it for. Like said in the article, The Macbook Pro (A laptop) is far more mobile than the iMac. For this purpose, It would be the Macbook Pro for me.

I would use my computer in school if I was able to (My batteries shot). A Macbook Pro is ideal for it. Great battery, Lightweight, and just more to love. If your going for performance and your going to use it in the same place all the time, The iMac is definitely for you.

I personally could care less about the performance. I would be buying some upgraded hardware, But its not like the stock Macbook Pro isn't good. Its actually a wonderful laptop.

Like said in the article, The choice is all opinion. I'll stick with mobility

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've said this countless times but if you want a desktop just buy a pc. Better yet, build one yourself and hackint0sh it. You get a lot out of this.

If you want mobility and you're looking for a laptop, you can't go wrong with an Apple Laptop. Unless you're planning on gaming, then it's a totally different question.
  8. TheTerminator

TheTerminator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Please don't even compare an iMac with a Dell computer. Double the specs doesn't mean anything when you are running Mac OS X.
  9. BradenG

BradenG New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I've had my MacBook Pro 13 for about a month now, fricken love this thing. I'm going to be investing in a display for doing my school work (graphic/web design) and some gaming. I'm thinking about saving a bit longer than I wanted and going for a refurb Apple Cinema Display since they're $599 right now I think. Man those displays are pretty, although quite pricey.

Any MacBook Pro users have any suggestions in regards to external displays?
  10. bgizzle

bgizzle Administrator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Yeah, save your money and get a Samsung, Dell, or Acer display instead. I got a large monitor for less than half the price of the cinema display and it works just fine with my MBP.