iMac 21.5

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by Intense, Sep 3, 2010.

1. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I gotta a couple of question (sorry if this is in the wrong place) but im going to get a imac and i was wondering whether i should get the 21.5 inch or 27 inch. And what accessories i should i get. Im already getting the magic track pad but what else is there?
  2. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well the 27" is a much bigger screen, much higher res. I wouldn't personally get the magic trackpad as you get a magic mouse with the computet anyway which is really... Better. You shouldn't need any accessories if you get a decent specced model anyway.
  3. SpeedyApocalypse

SpeedyApocalypse Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have a 21.5" and it works amazingly. I upgraded it to 8gbs of ram and it is fantastic. Definitely buy it
  4. Jacob

Jacob Well-Known Member

It depends on how much you want to spend, what you're going to use it for, and stuff like that. If it's just a daily use computer for web browsing and music, get the 21.5 inch. If you're compiling code, encoding video, watching a lot of movies, and want a bigger screen with more power, get the 27 inch.
  5. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks guys im actually getting this for programming and designing. As for the ram i do computer repair at home so it shouldn't be a problem but is there something that is a must have thing for the iMac?
  6. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    well the great thing about the imac is that its all in one

Please Register or Log in to view images

The only thing I can suggest for a fellow designer is perhaps an external hard-drive got storing your media (if the stock/upgraded internal hard drive isn't enough).

Also. If you're going to be doing a lot of on screen designing and editing I would suggest getting the 27" model instead of the 21.5". You'll find the extra real estate amazingly useful plus the 27" comes with much more power, including more RAM, a beefier GPU and CPU. Make sure you get the i7 core!
  7. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well thank you Oliver i did think it through and i got the 21.5 inch because i can hook it up to another monitor if needed or perhaps even a tv. As for the external hdd i have a seagate one but 500GB comes standerd. And just a bit of OT; what do you program and design? I personally work with a lot of the Adobe programs like Flash, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. I've done quite a bit of programming too with HTML, PHP and MYSQL.