IM with push notification

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by dillon9693, Jun 17, 2009.

1. dillon9693

dillon9693 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    are there any ims for the 3.0 software that have push notifications yet? or are we still waiting for one?
  2. MrDennings

MrDennings Banned

IM+ has push
  3. stevo

stevo New Member

IM+ has push for 3.0 and its as good as beejive(IMO)
  4. dillon9693

dillon9693 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    oh really. thanks. good to know
  5. Coasterboi

Coasterboi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Beejive's 3.0 update is currently under app review, so it's likely to be released tomorrow.
  6. thebillanator

thebillanator New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's cool but when does the new aim app's update come out and will the free one have the update to? Also on the march 17th presentation they anounced a meebo app does anyone know when that will come out or if it will be paid or free. And if you do my email is thebillantor@yahoo.com
  7. himynameisjuan

himynameisjuan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm waiting on the Meebo app as well. I'm pretty sure it's not free, but it's going to be cheap enough for average users.. probably anywhere from $1-$5.

EDIT: Yeah, I was right:

"As for an ETA and a price, Sternberg says Meebo plans to be ready for whenever iPhone OS 3.0 officially ships. The pricing question, however, is one that Meebo has yet to answer. On the one hand, charging for chat apps seems a little tough (though other lesser-known multi-network apps that are already in the store seem to be doing ok). "Then again," Sternberg countered, "Meebo is not a super cheap app to run." Since the company offers features like saving chat transcripts and a single account sign-on for logging into all of one's chat networks, there are certainly not-insignificant costs involved in running Meebo.

On the site, Meebo has a solid advertising system that has done the company well. But Sternberg is not yet sure whether advertising is the way to go with a mobile chat app that is already short on screen real estate. If Meebo for iPhone does ultimately get a price tag, it will very likely be in the low price range to keep it accessible. After all, the company views its mobile clients in part as growth leaders, as many users end up at Meebo.com in their desktop browsers where the chat service's ad-based business model took off some time ago."

Source: http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/2...ceo-on-iphone-chat-app-push-notifications.ars
  8. kawaiitora

kawaiitora New Member

Push to Email is not the same thing. Neither version has integrated push yet. (lite/full)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    It uses push to email, not true push.
  9. CrapuleJack

CrapuleJack New Member

IM+ 3.0 doesnt have push NOTIFICATION

it has push to email. not what i want. am i missing something?
  10. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    IM+ has push to email.
    The versions of Beejive and IM+ that support true Push (as in the feature released in 3.0) are still in app review and should be available soon.