Im very disappointed to be honest...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ReaperX, Sep 2, 2010.

1. ReaperX

ReaperX Member

Hey guys. Just wanted to give everyone a 2 cents on how I felt about the new iPod Touch.

The iPod Touch is truly a great product. I got the 16GB 2G model quite a few years back and I still use it to this day.

The 3G was complete bullsh*t. It wasn't redesigned, just a bit better specs. I knew the 4G was gonna be something worth it.

Now let me say I am very content with all the new things. The A4 chip, 3-axis gyro, dual cameras, HD recording, FaceTime support and so on.

But the thing with me personally is, my device should not only perform well, it should LOOK and FEEL good too. That's what I love about the iPhone 4. The look and feel to it is just so right. I was really hoping they'd go with that design for the iPod Touch, but it looks like now I must aim for the iPhone 4.

I just absolutely cannot stand the chrome back. Ever since they started using it back on whatever model. It's just so plain, cheap and crappy. It scratches even with a case and gets scuffy. Doesnt feel good at all.

I am extremely happy that it got the dual cameras, but because of the new design, I will not be buying it.

Another thing that disappoints me is how they dont have the 16GB model. Apple doesnt give a sh*t obviously and its a marketing strategy for them but the 16GB was one of the best ideas ever.

Now seeing it has the dual cameras, my opinion on the 32 and 64 GB models have changed. I can definitely see why someone would get a 32GB model as if I owned one, Id be taking a ton of pictures. Although pricey, even a 64GB is understandable now.

So I guess I am basically disappointed with the design. Until they roll out a new design, I aint getting one.
  2. lolmao

lolmao Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i totally agree, the 16GB was the best thing apple ever thought of
  3. Psoul

Psoul Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Well, as they say "its just an ipod..."
  4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    "JUST"? Don't get one if you say just
  5. Mchief298

Mchief298 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Still, a new design would've been good at this point.
  6. Amps

Amps Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    It does have a new design... well kind of. The rounded edges of a 2nd gen and the flat back of a 1st gen.

I'm also (quite) disappointed by the looks of it. I hoped for an iPhone 4-like design. But oh well, you can't have everything.

Hoever, I'm pleased with the specs though. It's as what we've expected.
  7. Dilybob14

Dilybob14 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I thinks retarted how apple made it thinner I hate that now it will fall out of my pocket more easily.
  8. Mchief298

Mchief298 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Get deeper pockets and a protective case for it?

Who isn't?
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Exactly where would the 16gb model fit? But I mean, really.
  10. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Thats the point, apple would prefer people to go for the (more expensive) iPhone over the iPod touch. IMO the iPod is to get people hooked on iOS and iDevices so that they will get at, some point get an iPhone.