iOS 3.1 I'm totally confused with all this 3.1.1 Pwnage jailbrake stuff:S How to JB?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by SilentWalker, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Okay, so I get that the Pwnage tool just came out for Mac so that you can make a custom firmware. I obtained my custom firmware, but now I need help to upgrade/downgrade.

I see so much stuff on the forums about how you can JB a 2nd gen but you need to be running 3.0 JB'ed, you need iTunes 8.2, you need Mac, you need you need you need - I'm so confused

Please Register or Log in to view images

So, I have an iPod 2nd gen running 3.1.1. I still have my 3.0 custom firmware and I also have my 3.1.1 custom firmware. I am running iTunes 9 on windows Vista, and I do not have administrator privelages. How can I get my custom firmware 3.1.1 up and running on my iPod. I don't think I can downgrade to 3.0 because I cant downgrade to iTunes 8.2. And because I can't currently downgrade, I can't have a JB 3.0 before upgrading to the custom FW.

So, am I stuck on 3.1.1 until the ither JB tool comes out? If not, what can I do? Help!!!
  2. wyndwarrior

wyndwarrior Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How do you not have admin properties? Is this even your computer?

Anyways.

1. download Quickfreedom ---- click here
    2. install it
    3. click "jailbreak ipod"
    4. it will require that you install LibUSB. (beware this can mess you up if you dont install it right.)
    5. click the "Install LIBUSB" button
    6. follow the instruction on how to install it in compatibility mode if you are running Vista or Windows 7
    7. install it
    8. browse for your 2.2.1 firmware in Quickfreedom or download it. (tip: make sure its for the 2g. its called iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore)
    9. click next
    10. ignore this step. click next again
    11. you will now need to put it in DFU mode. i suggest using the "DFU instructions" button. this step may take a few tries cuz it did for me. once its in DFU mode it will start the pre-jailbreak and will turn your ipod screen WHITE. this is good! once it is done doing its thing you can open iTunes and SHIFT+CLICK+RESTORE and browse for your copy of the 3.1.1 custom firmware. it will then restore you to a jailbroken 3.1.1!!!!!!
    12. CONGRATS!!!!! hopefully you did it with no problems!!
  3. josh05172

josh05172 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sorry noob question

But how do you make a custom firmware with Pwnage :S Or which one of the files is the firmware?
  4. Azianchickle

Azianchickle New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is it possible to jailbreak the new generation of the ipod touch? If not, does anyone know when the software will be available? Thankssss

x
  5. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Will this work under my conditions? Vista, no admin privileges (its my dad comp), and a 2nd gen iPod touch running 3.1.1? I have no 2.2.1 firmware! Only 3.3.1 original, 3.3.1 custom and 3.0 (not sure if its custom or original, but it worked on itunes 8.2 as a normal restore.

And I am not jailbroken.
  6. Tumeke

Tumeke New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Bump!!, need answers for top two posts. Cheers
  7. victorseif

victorseif New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    okay my ipod touch was stolen and i want to replace should i buy a new one now or wait after the holidays
  8. Bulbuzor

Bulbuzor New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Is it possible to Downgrade to 3.0 with a "2.5 gen" Touch? (2 gen with 3.1 pre-installed)?
  9. david.7.x

david.7.x New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    this sucks umm i recomend you buy a new one i really wouldn't be able to wait till the holidays unless you don't really use your ipod that much

10. m-man

m-man Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    why not just wait for GreenPoison?, it should be out in a matter of days, and all it requres is a simple click to JB your ipod.
    it should be a great advancement in JB technology.