I'm thinking about Jailbreaking my iTouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sp4sb2, Mar 19, 2009.

1. sp4sb2

sp4sb2 New Member

Hey I'm new.

I'm thinking about Jail breaking my iPod Touch, but could it break? By the way I have the newest version out for the iPod Touch out so far.

Also, lets say the screen break, will I be able to restore it? If I can and send it to Apple, when it's still under the warranty, will they fix it?

Is Jail breaking it worth it?

Just a question off topic, would I be able to play any Nintendo 64 games, or maybe "the Legend of Zelda" games for the Bameboyadvanced on it? Are their any MMO or MMORPG for it when it's jail broken?
  2. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    jailbreaking is worth it there is really no chance you can "brick" ur ipod touch 2g i would just use quickfreedom to jailbreak it
  3. sp4sb2

sp4sb2 New Member

Oh ok...but what about the warranty thing?
  4. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    if u restore it will still have warranty
  5. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    WRONG!

If they are real #$^es they can check to see if you have jailbroken.

Don't worry about the warranty, it only covers factory defects and battery problems. So if you drop your iPod and screen cracks, they won't cover that.
  6. sp4sb2

sp4sb2 New Member

Oh ok thank you...so is my iTouch fine because I had it for about 3months(since Christmas) and it seems fine to me, should I just go and jail break it? By the way I have version 2.2.1 which section of the forum do I go to, to jail break it?
  7. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well that's not 100% true, because they won't really do that unless well something possesses them too. They usually just run regular tests, diagnoses and such.

Yes, I would suggest jailbreaking. 2.2.1 is the newest firmware so no your won't have to upgrade or downgrade. Depending on what kind of iPod you have will determine what program you will use to jailbreak it.
  8. Spool

Spool New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I got my 2g replaced under warranty for a light leak issue. I had previously jailbroke but just returned it to stock before I sent it in. No problems at all with the warranty service. In fact IMO apple has one of the best warranty support systems out there.
  9. sp4sb2

sp4sb2 New Member

SOMETHING WENT WRONG...so i jailbroke it, while it rebooted it took awhile so i just turned it off, now when ever i turn it on it just freezes with the apple symbol and iTunes cant detect it...

omg pleaseeee help...and yes i followed the directions
    still frozed there
  10. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Is it charged? If it is, DFU mode.