I'm sure you never saw this before

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by winters45, Feb 16, 2009.

1. winters45

winters45 New Member

Ok, my ipod have a black screen, like if it was closed, i hold power button, nothing happen, i connect it to itunes, nothing happen it is not reconized, i get ANY error message or whatever. I connect it to another usb port, nothing new. Im on my macbook, now i try on my pc, nothing happen. I reinstall iTunes on both computer, nothing happen when i connect my ipod. Obviously i tried to force restore with the method shown on the forum, it do not work. I tried DFU method with a cronometer and i holded the power button for EXATLY 10 second, nothing happen (i tried this like 70 times), my ipod is still not reconized and still have this black screen. I do not hear any sound when i connect it and yes my speaker are on.

Thats weird, no? Nothing happened to my ipod recently and i installed anything recently, it did not fall on the ground. I was using it like usual and then i put it in my pocket, i did not powered it off, just hit the sleep button. When i took it back the same day, it was dead. I bought a new USB cable, it didnt resolved my problem.

Yes my ipod was jaibreaked and since a long time ago. I do not expect any help from you guys because i already tried everything mentioned on the forum. Obviously i searched before posting. I posted my problem in other thread but the few answer you told me was thing i already tried. I do not think that i can repair my ipod because if there was a magic thing i could do to repair it, such thing would already be on the forum.

But feel free to try to help me, every help is welcome of course, and if you arleady saw a ipod like mine, tell me, i wanna know if im the only one like this. I heard that DFU method was always working if done right, im 100% sure i did it correctly.
  2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Apparently you didn't search hard enough. I will give you a hint.
    Your not holding the home button long enough to connect to the pc.
  3. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1. Plug in your iPod via USB.
    2. Download QuickPwn from here.
    3. Open QuickPwn.
    4. Go through the steps QuickPwn tells you to do.
    5. When QuickPwn puts your iPod into recovery mode exit out of QuickPwn immediately.
    6. Open iTunes.
    7. Restore your iPod.

Hopefully QuickPwn will recognize your iPod. I'd give it a try anyways.
  4. winters45

winters45 New Member

Did you read what i wrote? I said that i was holding POWER button for 10 second. I have been holding home button all the time (I know im suppose to hold it until my ipod is reconize but it isnt) I have been holding it for like 5 long minute.

Thanks for your help but quickpwn do not reconize my ipod. It ask me to connect the device and show me 3 choise(iphone, ipod touch, iphone 3G) but i cannot click on any. I tried the DFU method while quickpwn was open but no result.

Anyway thanks for your help guys...
  5. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't see any thing that says you were holding the home button the whole time.
  6. Guegs

Guegs Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Assuming that the OP actually did search (and from what I read, he searched a lot), it is insinuated that he knows that in order to put his device in DFU mode, then he knew to hold the home button as well.
  7. evilcryalotmore

evilcryalotmore Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

On the PC You must hold the power button and home for 10 seconds and you shouldn't hear a Hardware connection sound.. Then hold home for 8 seconds then you should hear a hardware connection sound... Once in recovery mode i think you should upload your DFU and PATCH.BIN and IMG files again that prevents starts...
  8. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Have you tried giving a full charge from a wall socket? What happens? If you get no response from this then you either have: 1) a fried comm board, 2) a dodgy connector; or 3) a faulty ribbon cable between the comm board and connector... In most cases it's the third one but as the connector and cable come as one part you have to have the whole thing replaced. The com board is more expensive to replace fyi so lets hope its not that.
  9. winters45

winters45 New Member

That's the thing i tried 70 times, on my PC and MacBook. It do not work, my ipod isn't reconized and i do not hear the sound. Listen guys, i did everthing mentioned on this post I also tried a exact 9 sec, 8 sec and 7 sec...

Yes i did, i forgot to mention it in my first post and... nothing happen... of course. For the rest, are you suggesting me to buy a new wall socket? I can but i do not understand how it can hep me because my comp do not reconize my ipod, so i do not see how a wall socket could.
  10. daconcerror

daconcerror Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    not meaning to be rude but, call apple, if your ipods as screwed up as you say it is they won't be able to tell whether is jb'd or not. that's what i did.