im sure this is a FAQ, but humor me.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by evanone, Apr 5, 2008.

1. evanone

evanone New Member

ok i know that a billion people probably ask this, but i just want a simple answer. or a few.

basically i used jailbreakme.com to jailbreak my ipod the day i got it (1.1.1 firmware)

Im interested in getting the apps that apple is now offering (january upgrade) and the updates to safari, etc.

My question: Can you upgrade to 1.1.4 and still use third party apps like the ones you download through installer? and is this a complicated process?

oh and a quick side question: was jailbreaking my 1.1.1 touch supposed to enable disk mode also? because it still doesn't show up on my computer when i plug it in..i think i remeber reading that it should...

Please dont yell at me for overasking a question or any ur a n00b bs. i would just like a simple answer.

Thanks to everyone in advance, keep up the good work on this forum.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. evanone

evanone New Member

ok nvm the first part. i did like 2 minutes of reading and figured it out.

New question: if i use i liberty to jailbreak after updating to 1.1.4, will the installer app still be there, or how do i install new apps?

sry im just a total noob at this..
  3. evanone

evanone New Member

LOL ok i did another minute of reading that says that installer will be on there.

my newest question: is iliberty reliable, and is this the best way to upgrade/jailbreak?

lol i swear thats the last time ill change my question
  4. Crypt

Crypt Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    i personally like ziphone

i haven't ever used iliberty but i don't see how you could improve on ziphone

you press one button, wait a minute, and you're jailbroken