I'm starting to worry...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rrroach, Oct 7, 2010.

1. rrroach

rrroach Well-Known Member

My iPod has crashed randomly four times so far in the weeks that I've had it. The screen flashes blue, and then it just crashes. Has this happened to anybody else? Also at school I took it out to use it once during snack, only to find that it had crashed again, but this time, it didn't show the Apple logo for about 30s. Will a restore fix these, or is it a hardware problem? Should I hold off on jailbreaking in case something happens or are these normal problems?
  2. PleePapier

PleePapier New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    As far i know this isn't a normal problem.
    Try to recover it and if it doesn't work take it to your APR.
  3. xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx

xX-SicKsKiLZz-Xx Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
  4. exit1010

exit1010 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Better yet. Get the recipt and return it for a new one.... No I am not braking the rules. If you bought it recently you can tell them there is a defect.
  5. iKeirNez

iKeirNez Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thats not breaking the rules! Its if you like drop and its broken, its your fault, if you then go and make it look like it just blew up and returned thats breaking the rules
  6. cypherpunk

cypherpunk New Member

That's not a normal crash. A normal crash would be a black screen or a frozen lockscreen with the spinning wheel, followed by the Apple logo immediately after.
  7. sudadoda

sudadoda Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  8. rrroach

No it works fine >99.9% of the time and the .1% is when it randomly crashes. And the blue screen probably lasts .2 seconds. I wouldn't be worried if it werent for that one period where it wouldn't turn on. And restoring is a major pain!
  9. rrroach

It hasn't happened for the past couple days, so I'm not going to risk getting a less-than-perfect iPod multiple times or maybe even getting one that isnt pwned4life yet
  10. rrroach

I tried a restore, but it wasn't fixed, so I want to head back to Apple tomorrow. My mom paid for it with her credit card; will it be a problem if I head to the store alone with just the receipt? And am I suppose to make an appointment or can I just walk in?