I'm starting to loose it...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xXrkidXx, May 31, 2010.

1. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well I'm getting pretty damn sick of ANYTHING I try not working. I cannot SSH into my phone via USB No matter what. Sure, I can get in through iFunBox but I can't set permissions by any means. MobileTerminal doesn't work on 4.0 so that's out(It's what I normally use). And iPhoneTunnel doesn't freaking work with iTunes 9(Which is needed for 4.0)

Does ANYBODY have any alternatives? Because even If I do get WiFi it wont matter because my crappy ass computer doesn't have a WiFi chipset.

Or even a way to set permissions over USB/Straight from the device, because that would help IMMENSELY.

Please excuse the poor atitude of this post but I have been trying to get this working most of today and I'm getting very angry with myself...

I also tried iPhone Tunnel for OS X, still it didn't work.
  2. Bolt

Bolt New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    iFile? Use that for your file needs. But SSH isn't USB. I don't have a wifi chipset in my desktop and I always SSH.
  3. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    I believe iFile doesnt work on 4.0 betas.
  4. i.think.different

i.think.different Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    beta will be obsolete tomorrow anyway and the new features of 4.0 aren't nearly as good as those available on a jailbroken 3.1.x
  5. b-mac 39

b-mac 39 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Why tomorrow?
  6. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    How come...?
  7. xXrkidXx

xXrkidXx Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    It just doesn't

And to people saying you can SSH without WiFi, you really can't. True SSHing you need WiFi for. Using iFunBox isn't SSHing because you cant set permissions.
  8. Nomar1245

Nomar1245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I just made this method up but you can try it. Setup your phone to teather(if you can)

Give it an ip address. connect ur laptop to it. use the phones address as ur means to ssh.

Again i just made this up right now. I don't know if it will work, but the principles of it should allow it to.

You don't actually need an internet connection. Just a network connection. That's how I drew this conclusion.

This is completely untested. I just used my imagination, and a bit of creativity.