I'm so lost.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bungamunji, Oct 21, 2007.

1. bungamunji

bungamunji New Member

My ipod touch is jailbreaked, i have a bunch of apps installed. That was easy.

What I want to know is

1) how to install iphone apps (maps, weather, etc.) on my ipod. I have copies of them downloaded on to my computer but how do i get them on? ssh?

2) what the heck is ssh? how do i use it, what does it do etc?

3) how do i put roms on my ipod for the nes emulator? (ssh?) i have them on my computer, like the iphone programs.

I'm a total noob. Obviously.
  2. linds

linds New Member

3. bungamunji

bungamunji New Member

Thanks. I'm trying to login with winscp and its not working. i can login with the "SCP" mode, but i cant transfer files that way. I guess i would need to login with the "SFTP" protocol thing but i cant. I get error message 127 then. I get that same error message when i try to transfer files when i succesfully login with the SCP protocol.

if that made any sense.
  4. pattyadams

pattyadams New Member

Plug in Ipod touch. In win SCP. Use SFTP and have the box marked allow scp fallback ticked. Make sure you are using port 22. Type in your ipods host name (on your ipod go to settings>Wifi then tap the little arrow next to the network you are using and your ip address should be there)back in winSCP username is root, password is alpine and then press log in.

Once in go into Media_sym > applications and drag and drop the applications you want into there. Finally you have to right click on each application once it's in the folder, then go to properties and put 0755 in the Octal box and tick set group, owner and recursive properties. You have to do this for each application you have loaded. Don't worry it sounds more complicated thanit is. Then shut down your ipod ( make sure it shuts down not just goes to sleep) then start your ipod again and it should be there.

Feel free to pm me if you have any problems. Good Luck