I'm Screwed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by palidino76, Dec 10, 2007.

1. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

Well, I donwloaded the Java binary, uninstalled it, and reinstalled it lol. But to reinstall it, you have to delete a file that unistalling doesn't remove. Well I deleted the wrong file.

My apps all kept crashing, so I rebooted my ipod - big mistake. Now, I can't just do a restore because it won't get past the apple logo. Any suggestions?
  2. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Plug your ipod ino your computer and hold the home button while you see the apple logo (when it starts to boot) like you are going to do a force restore and it might boot right, but other wise you may have to do a force restore.
  3. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

A link to force restore? I only have like 70 songs and 1 video, so if theres anything I can do that won't invlove me taking it back I'll do it.
  4. rokrboy

rokrboy Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well i think you might have to do a force restore.

Please Register or Log in to view images

but it only takes like 10-15 minutes to get all your stuff back.
  5. xALeXzx

xALeXzx Active Member

You can't screw you iPod by a software mod. ^^, A forced restore it's the solution of all "Brick" problems

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. 1337chaos

1337chaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    to force restore it, turn it on and as SOON as you see the apple logo come up, hold the HOME button. it should pop up with the "connect to itunes" thing on screen. if it doesnt work, hold the HOME button and the POWER button at the same time until it turns off, and then keep holding it until you see the apple logo again. then release the power button and keep holding the home button
  7. palidino76

palidino76 New Member

So you could like ssh into your ipod, delete every single file on it, and do a force restore and everything would be fine? I'm just asking because there are files create from apps that aren't deleted when you restore(isn't that the reason they jailbroke 1.1.2?)

Aw dang I did it again, I really need to stop trying to get rid of all the iPhone files that the touch doesn't use lol...
  8. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yup -- you could delete it all, and a force restore should work. I'm guessing Apple hard coded the restore into whatever ROMs may be on the motherboard. In short, a force restore for the iPod Touch is equivalent of restoring a "ghost" image for a PC -- It puts it right back to the way it was from the factory.