Im really screwed this time...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Ipodtouchftw, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Ipodtouchftw

Ipodtouchftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello AGAIN

Please Register or Log in to view images

, sorry for spamming the Application forum for the last couple of hours, but i've been trying to fix my iPod without restoring it. So here's my 3rd problem.

I was adding the Snes4iphone.app into categories and when i clicked "Done" and then clicked my homebutton everything was gone. EVERYTHING! All i see is the wallpaper background, no dock, no apps, nothing.
    Naturally i thought "OH S**t!" and i immideatly deleted the categories app through SSH and i thought it would fix it, but guess what. It didn't!
    So now im stuck here and i don't know what do to and i deffinatly (dont know how to spell it

) don't want to restore my iPod. Any help is greatly appriciated!

EDIT: I am trying to use Total Commander to back my apps up incase i have to restore, but for some reason it won't let me acess the \var\root files it's just stuck at \var\root\media :S. (It shows "\\\T-PoT\")
  2. Reyn

Reyn New Member

I had the same problem, didnĀ“t know how to solve it so I restored it

3. Ipodtouchftw

Ipodtouchftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Argh, anyone know what to do?
  4. Alch123

Alch123 New Member

i'd suggest to restore(eaven though you dont want to).. It's the only way i see how you can fix this but im not that good when it comes to ipods
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

This issue has been solved dozens of times on this forum. The easiest way to resolve this would be to open up SSH on your computer, connect to the iPod, and type in /Applications/Customize.app/Customize and hide, then unhide everything.

Else, you could navigate on over to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app and edit the N45AP.plist file so that no apps are listed under the special category.
  6. Ipodtouchftw

Ipodtouchftw Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)