I'm pretty sure I bricked my iPod...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Renegade, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I know, I know you can't brick it out of know where. Well think I just did.

So today I plugged my iPod into my iHome and I took it out around 3 hours later. The battery was still the same at around 10%... So I plugged it in for a longer time and it finally went higher. So I just turned my iPod on and the screen is all white. I can't do anything.

I decided to connect it to iTunes and it came up. ** Could not connect to "Joey's iPod" because it is using a Passcode lock. So I can't restore I'm guessing either.

I entered it into DFU mode ( recover mode ) and it won't go. The screen just stays white.

I can't do anything but I can lock and unlock my iPod meaning it probably isn't bricked but somethings messed up. I was going to hand it into Apple anyways for iPhone money but I'm not sure if I should or not because lets say they fix it, well then they see its jailbroken and I'm screwed.

So what should I do,

hand my iPod in to Apple and get a brand new one and sell it, brand new, Jailbroken on ebay but take the chance of Apple fixing it

Or just keep trying to fix it myself?

Help me out
  2. ipodtouch1313

ipodtouch1313 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    try holding both buttons down for 10 seconds then let go of the sleep/wake button
  3. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I've already stated I've tried that. The screen just stays white.
  4. Elishallen

Elishallen New Member

bump/ i have a similiar problem i got a "broken ipod" from my friend who got it from another friend and so on. but its stuck on a white screen i cant DFU because the ipod still recognizes it as someones passcode locked ipod everytime i try. Here is exactly what happened: i got it home (still on the white screen) i held home and power when plugging it in and it tried restoring the ipod. mid download of new software it recognized it as an ipod but now i need a passcode for itunes to recognize it. Any suggestiion?
  5. crazytrain320

crazytrain320 Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    try using recboot or umbrella to kick it out of recovery