I'm on 1.1.4 (JB). To do 2.2, do I have to restore first?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by -XIV-, Nov 24, 2008.

1. -XIV-

-XIV- New Member

I'm sorry if this has been asked, because it irks me with things are asked too many times . . . so if it has (yes, I did a search) could one please guide me to the answer?

I have a 1G iPod touch jailbroken on 1.1.4. I'm getting tired of not having any updates anymore. So my question is:

1. Before I JB to 2.2, do I have to delete any and all themes, games, apps, etc. that I got from installer individually? Or just do a full restore?

EDIT: When 2.0 came out, I completely fell out of the iPod 'jailbreaking' scene. I'm not tech savvy, but I did the JB on 1.1.4 using ipodtouchmaster's video on youtube and was fairly easy with no issues. So I'm out of the loop with the question I asked above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yup. Do a complete restore to 2.2. Use recovery or DFU mode to make sure your starting fresh. Then use quickpwn to jailbreak.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You don't have to restore because when you update iTunes will remove the jailbroken applications off your iPod anyways. Click the update button in iTunes and update normally to a clean version of Firmware 2.2, and then jailbreak using QuickPwn for Windows/Mac.