I'm on 1.1.4 (JB). To do 2.2, do I have to restore first?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by -XIV-, Nov 24, 2008.

1. -XIV-

-XIV- New Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I'm sorry if this has been asked, because it irks me with things are asked too many times . . . so if it has (yes, I did a search) could one please guide me to the answer?

I have a 1G iPod touch jailbroken on 1.1.4. I'm getting tired of not having any updates anymore. So my question is:

1. Before I JB to 2.2, do I have to delete any and all themes, games, apps, etc. that I got from installer individually? Or just do a full restore?

EDIT: When 2.0 came out, I completely fell out of the iPod 'jailbreaking' scene. I'm not tech savvy, but I did the JB on 1.1.4 using ipodtouchmaster's video on youtube and was fairly easy with no issues. So I'm out of the loop with the question I asked above.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Yup. Do a complete restore to 2.2. Use recovery or DFU mode to make sure your starting fresh. Then use quickpwn to jailbreak.
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Jan 9, 2008
    You don't have to restore because when you update iTunes will remove the jailbroken applications off your iPod anyways. Click the update button in iTunes and update normally to a clean version of Firmware 2.2, and then jailbreak using QuickPwn for Windows/Mac.