I'm not "the age of majority." Any ideas on how I can get around that?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by bamhm182, Mar 17, 2009.

1. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    So, I was looking through the iPhone Developer Program License Agreement, and it says you must be the age of majority, which would be 18. I'm only 16. Am I screwed? Anyone have any ideas?

This kid is only 9, but he was able to submit and get a game on the app store.
  2. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Use your parent's name and credit card, otherwise it will not work. Make sure you have consent.
  3. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Should I create a business and have my mom as the owner and myself as her employee?
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you create a business, [I think] you need a DBA, and documents to show the validity of your business. Individual is what I did.
  5. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well, they've got 3 versions single(yourself) small business(a business without many people in it) and enterprise(a business of 500+ people)

If I were to say it were a small business, it sounds like I'd just need to think of a name. I'll see what happens if I click that.
  6. Duykur

Duykur Banned

If you make a business, it has to be a legally register business in you state/province/nation. and you will have to declare many things, I.E. tax's, revenue, profit, expenditures, employees, your employee's personal info, wages.

and if one ones those details is off, you could be fined, or even go to jail for fraud, so get you parents consent and do it with them.
  7. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Legally, you can't agree to the contract, but if you get your parent to agree to it, if there's any legal problems in the future, it's them that will be implicated, not you.

You can't make a business without registering it, otherwise it's just a name, though in this country you can trade as an individual under a name, without having to register it as a business, but you would still have to get the 'individual' account.
  8. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

If you download it, you are constituting fraud. Apple can revoke your rights to use all iPhone SDKs and OSs.
  9. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think it should be legal, if your parents download the SDK, then you assist them in developing the application, and after that, they submit it to the App Store. You're under their employment.
  10. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's legal, but if there's any legal challenges later it's the parents that will have to deal with it as they are the ones (or one) that accepted the terms.