I'm not sure what the technical term for it is but....

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Apr 26, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    ...my ipod is pretty f***ed up. In less than a week, I have had to restore my ipod touch for what seems like atleast 16 times. I am running a 16GB 1.1.4 Jailbroken ipod touch. I have been trying to get the Beta for Ibackup to work for me but it hasn't yet. Is 1.1.4 more prone to locking up and having the apple icon stuck on the screen? I used to be a 1.1.1 guy and I never had this problem. It's robbing me of the ipod touch experience. I hate having to reinstall all of my applications. I don't even have enough time between crashes to get all of my apps back. Today my ipod crashed 3 TIMES!!!! My signature explains it all....
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    what did you do to cause it?
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, it varies a lot. Sometimes its after I install an application. Other times, when I am in the application, it will automatically lock up. I have not even installed any new sources. I am just using the applications that are in the original sources that Ziphone puts on my ipod. I really think that 1.1.4 is causing it. I had misgivings about switching to it and I think I might be right. Maybe this is apples way of discouraging jailbreaking.
  4. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

install killBoard
    everytime your applications lock up, just use killBoard to respring and it'll fix it
  5. purp987

purp987 New Member

I would restore 2-3 times and go exchange your iPod. I've had 1.1.4 ever since it came out only had to restore about 3 times.
  6. RedrumsSam

RedrumsSam Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    What jailbreak are u using?
  7. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Try using iLiberty+ from here.

EDIT: Still use iLiberty+, but the spinning wheel of death is fixable, through non restore methods. Look here.
  8. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I once tried to install killboard. Its been a while but I don't remember it working.

I am using Ziphone
  9. JBB

JBB New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Repeated

Please Register or Log in to view images

iLiberty+ is better then Ziphone, Ziphone wrecks everything
  10. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I used it, but where is the installer app? Cydia's ok but not all sources are compatible with it (and the ones that are have to be put in through SSH). Whenever I did a standard jailbreak, there was no installer app on my ipod. I did it several times and every time was the same.

EDIT: Ok, I had just gotten done installing some applications from the multimedia category in installer (I found it by the way), when my ipod got the spinning wheel of death. In my infinite wisdom, I thought that I could solve this by kicking the ipod into recovery mode with iLiberty and then kicking it out with the same program. It had no problem going into recovery mode, but after I had kicked it out, it still appeared to be in recovery mode. iLiberty said that it was in normal mode but I still had the "connect to itunes" icon. I also noticed that there was a spinning wheel of death. However, the spinning wheel of death was not spinning. Isn't that a sign of the apocalypse?

EDIT 2: Ok, I rebooted and tried to kick it out of recovery mode. It is still in recovery mode and it says that it is still in the process after 30 minutes. So much for 30 seconds.....

EDIT 3: Ok, a few minutes after that, my ipod shutdown. It is still trying to kick it out of recovery mode. It just says that it is disconnected in the bottom right corner.