I'm not sure if my iPod is overheating or something...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mr Deftino, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mr Deftino

Mr Deftino New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I'm pretty sure it isn't overheating. But I just want to double check. I jailbreaked my iPod Touch with 2.2.1 firmware. Then everytime I played an app the bottom of the iPod would get very warm. Not too hot to touch, but really hot.

Yesterday, I gave it to my friend to play pool on, when I got it back my home button wouldn't work. Then when I got home my battery was dead, when it was about 80% about 4 or 5 hours before.

So, since it was a thethered jailbreak and my iPod wouldn't pick up in USB mode, I had to DFU it and restore it. And it still gets warm, I only had the flashlight app on, the ebay app then the remote app on for about 20 seconds collectively, and it was getting very warm. Note: it was charging at the time.
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I don't think that should be happening. DFU restore it, go to an Apple store, and ask about it.
  3. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Mine does that too. Don't restore it won't work. There was a thread about this, and I believe that some people had this problem too. It's not messing up any software or hardware. It just got hot.