IM+ Not Pushing on Sleep mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Falcyon, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Falcyon

Falcyon New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'm on jailbroken 3.0 and I have IM+ and beejiveIM, both legitimate, and IM+ is not pushing correctly. Beejive is able to send push notifications even with my ipod on sleep mode, but IM+ cannot send push notifications on sleep mode. I like using IM+ more than beejive, but this is a problem that I don't see other people experiencing.

Is this normal because wifi isn't connected on sleep mode? But then why would that explain why beejive can still push to me whilst on sleep mode?
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Beejive doesn't push to me in sleep mode

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Mgssidley

Mgssidley Member

It will give you a push notification after time as long as you have mail notifications set. As with that it connects to the internet every X number of minutes and when that happens, it also checks for push notifications.
  4. Falcyon

Falcyon New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Interesting. Maybe I wasn't paying attention to my wifi icon being on or off. I guess the easy solution to this would be to hook my ipod up or use Insomnia or KeepAwake?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Are you addressing beejiveIM?
  5. nexvick

nexvick New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No need to jailbreak to fix this one. Create playlist with blank audio file in it (a short clip will do). Play it in the iPod and have it set to repeat. Wifi will not auto disconnect when iPod is playing in the background. And, since it's a silent audio file, you'll hear your IM, mail, SMS, etc. notifications with no problems.

No thanks required

Please Register or Log in to view images