I'm new to this.. another question.. haha

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by court_b2000, Dec 27, 2008.

1. court_b2000

court_b2000 New Member

OK so another quick question... I have wireless internet in my house yet I can't seem to connect my wifi on my touch.. It says I have my wireless available, and i will open it and put in my password, yet it wont connect... What else can I do?!
  2. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Does it have any 0 O o in it? they can get easily confused when entering it on the ipod like our networks password is like 440O430JKL
  3. court_b2000

court_b2000 New Member

see what happens is i go into the wifi and it says choose a network so i choose mine and it says it cant connect, so i go into other and type in my wireless name and than my security like it says and i try to connect and it still says i cant.. I have no numbers in my password for my internet so I dont know... I went to my moms today and it connected just fine... haha
  4. bimple

bimple New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you are on WEP you will need to convert your password to hexidecimal, even if the password is all numbers. Try going to http://wepkey.com/ and entering your password, and then choosing from the proper 64 bit or 128 bit passphrase that is generated. Most people tend to leave the key at the default first setting (the first 64 bit box that is generated).

If your router is using WAP encryption it is a bit trickier, and I can't help with that, someone else may be able to jump in and help here. I know that you connect to other and manually enter the settings, but i have never had to do that so I can't really walk you through that.
  5. royalblue

royalblue Banned

Device:
    iPhone
    do you have a mac filter on your router?
    that was my problem when i got my touch
  6. sjleworthy

sjleworthy New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    probably that. the only security on my wifi is mac filtering. so you need to enter your ipod's physical address into your router's mac 'allow' list
  7. dimdig23

dimdig23 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When i first got my 2G touch my wifi didnt work either.
    For some reason no matter what i did with the router the ipod would still not connect.
    We bought a new router a few weeks later and it worked fine.