I'm new to itouch, help?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by valleyblaze16, Dec 27, 2008.

1. valleyblaze16

valleyblaze16 New Member

I got an itouch for christmas and I bought the 2.2 update for it but I get an error message when I'm trying to download and install it. I called apple tech support and I talked to 2 different people and they both apologized multiple times because they don't know what the problem is and that I would get a call back when they resolve it or get a new itouch. I know I can download applications because I downloaded free ones but now I can't find them on my ipod touch. Can you even get applications on the 1st gen. 8g ipod touch? or does it have to be updated?
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Just before I start, Welcome to the forums, but don't say "iTouch" Pisses a lot of people off, for some reason.
    What does the error message say? Anyway, you must have 2.x firmware to install applications.
  3. valleyblaze16

valleyblaze16 New Member

haha wow sorry. I bought the 2.2 update but it wont install so I guess that just leaves me sh*t out of luck?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Someone mentioned that Apple's servers were down - maybe that's why?

I'm not sure if Apple resolved the problem yet, maybe they did.

Welcome to the forums though

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. valleyblaze16

valleyblaze16 New Member

haha at least someones not a dick. I talked to someone from apple and they had no idea what's wrong. I'm about to say hell with it and send it back.
  6. pavan

pavan Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    send what back? the ipod? HELL NO! No way. its too precious and like the other guy pointed out, dont call it an itouch. u wouldnt call an ipod nano an inano, so why the ipod touch an itouch. u can get 2.2 by other means

7. valleyblaze16

valleyblaze16 New Member

Yeah I really actually don't care what you want me to call it. This is ridiculous. I have a life and you guys are freaking out about what people call an ipod touch. wow. But I finally got the update to download right now thanks to apple. No thanks to any of you who just run your mouth