I'm new! New owner and new to this site. :)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kelsey000, Jan 3, 2008.

1. kelsey000

kelsey000 New Member

So I just got my ipod yesterday, and I'm wanting to put some new Apps on it. One problem. I can't buy any because I put my money towards buying the Ipod itself.

Are there any free applications and where can I find them/download? I'm new to all this but I'm not new to computer so don't go easy on me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you!
  2. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    jailbreak your ipod and all the apps are free look at one of the auto jailbreak guides
  3. kelsey000

kelsey000 New Member

Other than that. :/ I forgot to say that I'd rather not do that sine it cancels your warranty.
  4. Flipzter

Flipzter Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Kelsey,

I jailbroke my sons ipod and my ipod. He decided he didnt want his, so I did connected to the computer, clicked restore in itunes and returned it to the store with no problems. Doing a restore sets it back to it's original configuration.
  5. stirpicus

stirpicus New Member

Yeah, if you do a restore nobody has to know.

Trust me, you'll have a lot more fun once you jailbreak your iPoT. 98% of what people are doing on this site require you to jailbreak. And seriously, there's no risk as you can always always restore.

Happy hacking!

6. optikalblitz

optikalblitz New Member

There are no applications for sale yet due to the unavailable 3rd Party Software Developer Kit (aka "SDK") so there will be no programs to purchase that give you the functionality of the free homebrew applications and adhere to your warranty.

If you want to leave your Touch alone, that's fine.. just read through the Wiki (further down the main page) to learn what everyone is talking about.

Flipzter is correct, if you find yourself in over your head after jailbreaking, you can bring your device back to its original state with little to no extensive measures.

As far as ripping DVDs to iPod format and the other peripheral mods you can do, that information is available here as well. Welcome to the forum, i suppose this serves as your introduction post.
  7. berky93

berky93 New Member

you can easily uncancel it (as long as you dont parade your jailbreak to apple employees) by restoring. want to return/replace it? just restore and no one can tell!