I'm new here, one question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jtknives, Nov 8, 2009.

1. jtknives

jtknives New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    First off i would like to introduce my self as this is my first post here and its only proper to not just ask for help with out offering a introduction. My name is Jarod and i live in Utah and have just gotten my first iPod touch. got it used off of Craig's list and its in great shape. i have been an ipod fan for the longest time but never could justify the cost of a touch. well i broke down and got one and i must say it's mad sexy. but like all things i have to tweak them and have been wanting to jailbreak it. so i guess this is where my question comes in. It is a 2nd Gen with a model number MB533LL running firmware 3.1.1 what do i need to do to jailbreak it. i have looked around the forum and found lots of posts about blackra1n and 3.1.3 but i would like to make sure what I'm doing is correct be for i brick my ipod. thanks for your help - Jarod Todd
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    you use blackra1n. period.
  3. ben

ben Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Blackra1n should do the trick. It is virtually impossible to brick your iPod by means of software complications, so don't be too worried about that. Just make sure you have all your music backed up on your computer, because chances are you'll have to restore sooner or later.
  4. jtknives

jtknives New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks guys so much.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    man that was the easiest i have done today. it took all of what ten sec to install.