I'm new here and I need help!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by PBaller182, Feb 8, 2008.

1. PBaller182

PBaller182 New Member

Hi people, I might as well start off by saying hi to the people on this forum. I'm having alot of trouble with my iPod, and I read the stickies but they did not help me much. Whats happening is that my iPod is stuck on the recovery mode screen (screen with the iTunes logo with the USB cable pointed at it) and my iTunes will not recognize my iPod for some reason. I have the latest version of iTunes and before this problem occured, my iPod was a 1.1.2 with jailbreak. Can anyone help me figure this problem out? Thanks!
  2. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

3. PBaller182

PBaller182 New Member

I just downloaded it and its doing what it's supposed to do now. It's been on "Sending commands" for a while and my iPod turned off in the middle of it. Is that supposed to happen?
  4. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

turn it on now
  5. PBaller182

PBaller182 New Member

I just turned it on and my iTunes said "This iPod can not be used because the software required is not downloaded. Please run the iTunes installer to uninstall iTunes then download again" (something like that not exact wording.) What do I do?
  6. weenipper53

weenipper53 New Member

reinstall itunes
  7. PBaller182

PBaller182 New Member

Just reinstalled iTunes and same message is coming up. Also, the screen is now just stuck on the silver Apple logo. Any suggestions? (btw thanks weenipper53 for helping me)
  8. PBaller182

PBaller182 New Member

Can someone please help?
  9. PBaller182

PBaller182 New Member

Please somebody! My main problem now is probably that my iTunes says I don't have the required software, and I need to install iTunes again. I have done that multiple times, and I've tried iTunes 7.5 & 7.4 with no luck. You guys are my last hope, because since i jailbroke it, Apple will nto fix it.