im new here, a few questions about ziphone...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by rya, Mar 25, 2008.

1. rya

rya New Member

im getting a new ipod touch on saturday, and i wanted to know if i should immediately do the ZIPHONE 2.6 b jailbreak right out of the box, or wait awhile and then restore.

also

1. are there any bugs?

2. what do i do if i get bricked?

3. can you like unjailbreak somehow?

thanks in advance
  2. BadguinEater

BadguinEater New Member

A select few, including myslef, cannot download any apps from installer
    Brick is virtually impossible
    UnJB easy, just go recovery mode
  3. Splex

Splex Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well the Ziphone 1.1.4 JB is very simple to do, id say one of the easiest, however, i do not like the 1.1.4 JB, This is because customize, and Summerboard both do not work on 1.1.4, and i like to change all the themes and skins and wallpapers and a whole lot more, which makes your ipod very unique, and stylin to how you like it. There are acually quite a few useful programs in installer that do not work on 1.1.4. I would say go for 1.1.2 if you want everything to work. All that you will not have is the wiggle app, however customize allows you to change the order of the icons, and number of dock icons

You will not brick your ipod, you may think you did, but you didnt, just restore it by putting it in recovery mode, and let itunes do the rest. Go here to see how to put your ipod in recovery mode:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2790

You can unjailbreak by restoring your ipod back yto its factory settings through itunes.
  4. dnalva23

dnalva23 New Member

I just jailbroken my ipod touch V 1.1.4 using Iliberty+ for windows. At first i used Ziphone but i belive it's got some bug issues because it just kept freezing up everytime i had to keep forcing it to shut off. With iliberty+ the process was quick and simply and best of all no bugs, no continuous freezing up. Works great.