I'm New and Need Advice

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by The UNtouchable One, Jan 6, 2009.

1. The UNtouchable One

The UNtouchable One New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi there, I just joined. I don't have an iPod Touch... yet... but I'm probably going to get a 1st Gen. 16GB in September (or sooner). I need some advice on this purchase. I'll name off the details below. I just want to formerly introduce myself. My name is Jay and I am the proud owner of a Creative Zen Vision: M. Now, it's an awesome player, no doubt, but it seems that Apple is on the ball, which is why I joined here and am in the market for an iPod touch, ready to step into a new player. If this 1st Gen. doesn't work out, then I'll shoot for the whole 9 yards and get a 32GB 2nd. Gen.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Anyway, here's all the details about the player.

*Used (the back is scratched up, but not COMPLETELY scratched up.)

*16GB; 1st Generation (No speaker, volume buttons, etc.)

*NOT jailbroken

*Face is slightly scratched, but it's feather scratches from normal use, not so bad you can't clearly see the display.

*Deal includes the iTouch, the cable, and the original box/case (for instruction manual, etc). There are NO headphones or accessories included with this bundle.

Can you all help me with this deal? I'm hoping that y'alls expertise can give me a good price of how much this is worth. Any other details, just ask and I'll answer with the best of my knowledge. Thank you for your time.

Jay
  2. beebop

beebop New Member

You don't get scratches on the screen from normal use, it's hardened glass ... personally.. i'd look for another one.. you don't even get headphones with it.... i know that's not a big deal... but tells you alot about the seller... he's broken them (telling you he's scratched the ipod up bad maybe) or just wants to keep them (nothing wrong with that but does seem a bit harsh in my eyes)

EDIT: I'd only pay £100 - £120 for this, no more
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Have you tried looking on ebay and researched what they are selling for?
  4. The UNtouchable One

The UNtouchable One New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Beebop: It may have been a smudge. I can take another look at it. I have headphones for it, and he burned the old ones out, but he has a set of JVC Marshmallows, which is what I have at the time with my Creative Zen. In case you're unaware, JVC Marshmallows are like foam earplugs. You squeeze them with two fingers and then put them in your ears and they stay there, while also blocking out the sound. I wouldn't want someone ELSE's pair of Marshmallows that were in their ears. Just me, though.

jpga13: No, I haven't. I'll look and see. He said he bought it for $230 brand new with headphones and all. I'm unsure of how much the headphones that come with it is priced. I'm estimating about $15. You add that to the fact it's used and a 1st Gen., I think a fair price is $175-ish. I've never owned an iTouch, though, so, like I said, I can't say. I'll look on Craigslist, and elsewhere for new and used prices.
  5. beebop

beebop New Member

ah okay... well as long as you're 100% i'd go for it... at least if it's 1g you can jailbreak right away