I'm kinda scared to try and jailbreak my ipod...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Snowman01, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Snowman01

Snowman01 New Member

I'm not sure if I'll screw up. What happens if I do? Do I just restore it to factory settings?

What are the chances of me breaking my iPod? My parents would kill me if I did.

Basically I'm just trying to found how to do it and what are he consequences.
  2. Branbrans

Branbrans New Member

1 and like 1000 if ur carful
  3. lenon07

lenon07 New Member

i never saw anyone who failed on jailbreaking an ipod touch... my ipod touch is the first device that i hacked... just search in youtube "ipod touch jailbreak"... look for ipodtouchmaster's video's... that's what i followed and it is so easy

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Heheh... I used to be so scared... LOL.

You get the shakes when your jailbreaking for the first time, but once its done you go crazy and give yourself a pat on the back.

The worst thing that can happen is restoring to factory settings.

Go on ipodtouchmaster.com to see all of his videos, they're the best guides for jailbreaking and modding.
  5. Snowman01

Snowman01 New Member

Thanks everyone. I think I'll try to Jailbreak it tomorrow. I've seen ipodtouchmaster on this forum and he seems to be good at hacking.
  6. LegitHK

LegitHK Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    When you're first starting out, it can be a little confusing (and kind of intimidating), but once you get used to everything (and you will quickly) its a lot of fun, and pretty rewarding...especially when you get to show your ipod off to people.
  7. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

ya it wont break or anything. dont worry.
  8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    im new here and just got my touch. i was also scared of JB it and i watched all the videos. actually i found the following link more helpful (its the same stuff but i prefer to do things by reading rather than watching) oh, can i post the link here ok? (sorry another NOOB question, if its not acceptable ill remove it)

anyway, its all fine. just remember that now 1.1.3 is out you wont want to just let iTunes look for the update itslef, youll have to download 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 and do the shift update trick (sounds confusing but its not)

so ive done the JB, installed the apps and even learnt how to modify stuff doing the FTP transfers.

http://www.g3fusion.com/?p=15
  9. Snowman01

Snowman01 New Member

What. Since having my iPod I haven't got any new updates. All I have is the buttons that are on it when it was first realesed. So I'm assuming I don't have 1.1.3. Or do I? Thats what has me confused.
  10. d. anthony

d. anthony New Member

If you scarred go to church.