I'm just sick of the ads.....

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by KevN, Sep 9, 2009.

1. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    I've pretty much had it.

At first, I tolerated the Apple ads, you know the ones. The ones that have that guy from Accepted, who says, I'm a Mac, and the nerdy guy (of course), who says, I'm a PC. (Example)

You know, classic stereotypical stuff. Macs are cool, PCs are for work....etc..

I primarily use PCs for most of my things I need to accomplish, for example, video editing, photo editing, server managing, and school work. Don't classify me as a PC fanboy, because I DO own an iMac, and an iPhone.

But recently, the only commercial that really set me over the edge was this.

I mean.....what the hell? Are we seriously at the point in which Apple is actually brain washing people into thinking that PCs crash every 45 seconds???

I've had PCs for 12 years, since I was 4. And I had never had to reformat my computer because of a virus, nor had any serious one. Nor did I ever get the BSoD.

However, when I am using Word or iPhoto on my iMac, sometimes, it will just close, for no apparent reason. I usually don't even bother saving anymore, I just hope that my documents autosave when it crashes. I'm not saying that applications on Vista don't crash (they do), but that programs on Macs DO malfunction.

I apologize if you may have a different standpoint, but this just infuriates me. How could they have this marketing strategy where they lie about their competitors and their own self?
  2. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Both sides to it. MS lies/bends the truth about apple and linux, Apple lies/bends the truth about MS. Both sides are marketing to not so tech savy people (The majority of the world). You could tell these people the strait facts in your adds and they are still going to pick the one whos comercial made them lol the most. It doesnt matter what OS/hardware they pick because they will still find a way to screw it up and call there tech savy freinds to fix it. See it doesnt matter what the adds say people are idiots and wouldnt know the difference beween true or false. Nore would that help them decide wich to buy.

I find it funny myself. I'm always waiting for the next lie to come from ether side for lol's.
  3. KevN

KevN Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yeah, I understand. It's just that the lying built up to the point to which one side just completely says the other OS just does not work.
  4. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah its frustrating, especially the PC ads now too "i guess im just not cool enough to be a mac person" but yeah justin long should get an actual career now lol