Im just curious with podcast

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by raxater, Mar 6, 2010.

1. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Huh allright take me as a idiot or not, but i still wonder, what's a Podcast exaclty?
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    theres always google and wikianswers

podcasts are vids narrated by a person
  3. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Podcasts are much more than that. They are an audio or video program which can: tell a story (old time radio) follow a t.v or radio show and much more. Just look around in iTunes.
  4. Nickanoff

Nickanoff New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Podcasts are sort of like the bastard child of youtube videos and tv shows. They feature episodes of similar times and themes (humour, drama, informative etc.) but are usually much shorter (not always) and are made by usually freelance presentors (not popular tv hosts)

Good podcasts:
    Answer Me This!
    Diggnation.
    ROFL
  5. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    they can be a number of things. monthly/ weekly DJ Mixes/Radio Shows (Trance around the world with above & Beyond) or tutorials they can be mostly anything that contains audio/ video im sure.
  6. TechnoEagle

TechnoEagle Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Podcasts can be either a video (picture and sound) or just a sound file, but they can be anything from tutorials, to basically mini TV episodes. They are almost like TV shows, but usually they are informative, instead of being a story. They are also much shorter (only a few minutes each). If you just browse around the Podcast section of iTunes, you can just find something that sounds interesting and download it. Most (if not all) podcasts on iTunes are completely free.
  7. Theodosius

Theodosius Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    They can even be short TV shows, or webcasts. They can be almost anything depending on what the person wants.
  8. raxater

raxater New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok thx guys, i was just wondering cuz the nuagetv app says to use Podcast for tv or Channel or something like that and i dont really understand it