I'm jailbreaking again...

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by BMM1993, May 10, 2009.

1. BMM1993

BMM1993 New Member

Hey,

So today I'm jailbreaking again... It's been a while since my last jailbreak and here is why I went back to stock Apple Firmware:

- After jailbreaking SharePod wouldn't read my iPod's music, videos or photos nor would iTunes meaning my purchases were gone after my laptop crashed.

- The battery life was not even close to what it was when I first got it!

- Not enough iPod themes and way too many iPhone themes!

That's basically it...

Can anyone give me the run down on how to enhance battery life? Also, I wouldn't mind knowing some good apps or themes that are a must have!
  2. Brewstermax

Brewstermax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Don't use themes or video wallpapers if battery life is your main concern. Also, don't use Backgrounder or Insomnia and turn off SSH and WiFi when you aren't using thiem.

Themes are a personal preference. We have a whole forum dedicated to them. Look there.
  3. BMM1993

BMM1993 New Member

How do custom themes drain battery life?
  4. smarty94

smarty94 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    They take more resources to render.
  5. katking123

katking123 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    especially the ones the change the background every couple of hours or when u switch between pages
  6. Ezekeel

Ezekeel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Winterboard has to switch out the icons, background and so on and widgets like WeatherIcon and LiveClock also need additional CPU cycles. However I am pretty positive that the additional load is rather small so you hardly will see any effect on the battery life. On the other hand, you should avoid animated backgrounds at all cost.