Im In A Dilemma

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rockintyler, Feb 28, 2009.

1. rockintyler

rockintyler New Member

Right now as the topic says, I'm in a dilemma. I currently own a 16 gb Ipod Touch but am running into this problem. I update my collection with new music nearly every day if not every other day and am quickly running out of room in my 16 gb Ipod Touch. I'm finding out the WiFi only works in my house as I was hoping it'd work in school, but of course it doesn't and I don't need it in my house because I obviously have internet on a computer. So that feature is useless.

I'm just an all around music guy and finding that these extra features in the Ipod Touch aren't doing me much anymore, after not even having it a week. I also don't care for touch screen, lots of maintenance w/o a screen cover (I know you're gonna say buy one lol!). So I'd like to go with the one with better sound and better all around quality.

So I'm trying to decide. What do I do? Do I keep it my Ipod Touch? Do I get a 120 gb Zune to NEVER EVER worry about running out of space? Or do I stick with the Ipod brand and stick with a Ipod Classic?

Thanks for your input!
  2. ipodtouchesrule

ipodtouchesrule Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I mean if you just listen to your music, then I'd say get a different iPod like an iPod Classic, or a Zune whichever floats your boat.
  3. -wiseman-

-wiseman- New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    its up to you...

if you dont care about a touch screen... wifi... why did you get a ipod touch?
  4. rockintyler

rockintyler New Member

No I cared about it but when I'm in some wifi areas more than half time time it doesn't even pick up the signal. Like in my school where's there wifi all over the place I can't pick it up while the labtop or the kid with the Ipod Touch can right next to me.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also one quick question. Area any of you able to comment on the rumors that were floating about on how Microsoft might stop making the Zune product line? I heard about it but wanna know if it's true or not. I'd hate to carry about a mp3 player that doesn't even sell anymore and w/o updates.
  5. mcgannbraedon

mcgannbraedon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

you might wana take it back and get a new one you should be able to pick up the wifi.
  6. Reflexin

Reflexin New Member

I am in the same boat ... er sorta. As for your case, do you prefer music and video strictly over other media like apps, youtube, wi-fi, and such? Its all about versatility. Yeah the touchscreen is a finger print, smearing hog, but like you said you could get a cover for it. Have you tried out the Zune's Marketplace to see if you like it instead of iTunes? I also heard that Microsoft could be ending their Zune line, plus there aren't as many accessories for the Zune as their are for the Classic. Zune has the better sound over iPod and a much nicer screen. Its a toss up I think. Just a matter of personal preference and aesthetics. If your main use will be for music, and don't really care for all the extras, then forget about the iPod Touch,
  7. rockintyler

rockintyler New Member

Reflexin. You made a good point. I could care less about Youtube. Honestly when I want to see a video I wait till I get home and look it up on a faster internet and bigger screen. Also WiFi. Very few places have it in my area. My schools is worth sh*t. And I very rarely go to hotels, let alone with WiFi so it's almost useless. There's also no coffee shops in my area where I can just hop in and use WiFi but I wouldn't even do that. Although there are some cools apps with the Ipod Touch I admit and an awesome one I just came across is a Text Messaging one but yeah it's called a CELL PHONE. I'm just an all around music guy and love having my FULL collection of music on my mp3 player because I never know when I'm going to want to listen to a certain music and if I don't have it on it I'll be pissed. So thanks for making me get out of my dilemma. I think I'm going to go with the Microsoft Zune (Sorry Ipod Touch fans!). I want a good sound and Ipod hasn't impressed me. Now I just got to hope Walmart will let me return my Ipod Touch

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The sound quality of your music has absolutely nothing to do with the iPod touch. Either you have a low bit rate on all of your songs or abysmal headphones.
  9. Reflexin

Reflexin New Member

I'm not sure what the return policy for Wal-Mart is, but its usually 30 days after purchase (must have receipt though!). Sound quality in the Zune has been tested to be better than the iPod Classic...just look around for comparisons. Good luck man!