Im happy with the 3G touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by batesjm, Sep 10, 2009.

1. batesjm

batesjm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I for one am happy with the announcement of the new Ipod Touch line up. I gor just what I wanted, a 32 gig touch for the price of the 16. Plus I get a hell of a lot more oomph under the hood. Im tired of all the b*tching "Whaa I wanted it to be just like the iphone with a bunch of widgets my cell phone already has im not gonna buy one, whaa."

People said the same thing when the second gen touch came out and it had an enormous boost in processing power, nike plus (which was unlocked to give blue tooth to the touch) an external speaker, and the greatest of all added features the rocker switch for the volume. People complained that it was a "lame" update to the line then, and that came with a $100 price cut.

Just wait untill there is a tear down of the new touch there may be a surprise or 2 in there, who knows. But really what the hell good is a camera, I have one in my cell phone that I never use, GPS on my phone I never use, and a slew of associated apps I never use.

"I would buy more apps if my ipod had a camera"

Im sure you would, if they add a camera to the Touch it costs them $10 to offset the cost you need to buy $33 worth of camera related apps. Thats not likely to happen most cases.

Ok let me put it to you this way, YOU ALREADY HAVE AN IPOD TOUCH! You already gave them your money and are spending money in the app store, the place apple makes 30% for just distributing content. Apples goal was to get as many people as possible to buy the touch and get them spending money in the app store. I almost guarantee that they make more off each Ipod touch in app sales than they do off the initial sale of the device.

Just be happy that you have an ipod touch and you didnt need to spend another $300 to get a sh*tty camera and a sub-par gps chip. Ill take a faster cpu and double the ram any day.....
  2. youngerinsd

youngerinsd New Member

3. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  4. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    The way I see it the 3G is a lower priced, higher capacity, faster 2G, that is it. Final. I think they should have just called it the 2.1G and say we have made the capacity bigger and made it faster. Anywho a camera wouldn't have made it any better IMO, maybe a mic but if you really want that its just another selling point for apple and its iPhone.

That's why O think their nothing really to boast about it, the iPhone will make them more so make more selling points.
  5. batesjm

batesjm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Oh my god thats all! They made it better in all aspects that matter, Those bastards cheated us. Damn all it needs now is a sh*tty camera.
  6. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I'm in agreement with you there, batesjm (your opening post)!

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    me thinks he was being sarcastic in that previous post.

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. MegaDell

MegaDell New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No cam/mic means a serious loss in functionality.
  9. aschrits

aschrits New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have a 1st gen 32gb, is is worth upgrading to the new iPod Touch or not? All replies appreciated.
  10. batesjm

batesjm Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It depends, if you dont play games and aren't out of space then you dont need one. If you play games and do a lot of web browsing and are running out of space then yes id recommend an upgrade.