im going to start selling apps soon...HELP

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Spyke123, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Spyke123

Spyke123 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    im going to buy ONE OF the 99$ programs for app making. however i am going to try the free version to see if i can actually mkae one. I was looking and i was a package for one person and a package for 2+ people (like companies). I was wondering, if im a one person app maker, would it be ok if i got the company package? If so please let me know why!

Thanks
    spy
  2. gojohnnyboi

gojohnnyboi Well-Known Member

When signing up for the small company $99 program, you're asked to present business documents to prove you own a legit business. Unless you have a business, you better go with individual.
  3. Spyke123

Spyke123 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok um can i still have some type of like little logo before the game starts? or something? or will it be just an app that starts right up witht he company name being my name?

thanks
    spy
  4. lolwut?

lolwut? Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    I strongly advise you actually LEARN how to code before you buy a license.
    Yep, because making apps is that simple, right...

And why the hell would you get a company package when you're one person?
  5. M3rcer

M3rcer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If you don't know how to code you should learn first I recommend you Programming in Objective -C by Stephen Kochan, its really simple to learn with it, Im reading it atm.
  6. centroid

centroid New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I'm sorry if this sounds really rude and blunt... but is English for native language if not then don't mind this comment...

and on topic.. gojohnnyboi is correct that you need a registered company in order to sign up as a buisness. Search for where you live on how to apply for a license as depending on where you live there are different rates/fees/rules.

@lolwut?: there are plenty of people that have registered as a company when they are only one person. They prefer to be known as "Blah Co." instead of John Doe. Sometimes its more for identification than something else.
  7. Spyke123

Spyke123 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    yeah i have been looking up guides and tryed making stuff. Ive also watched the app videos apple provided and such. i am learning a lot.

Thanks everyone. i might just do a single person package.

@lolwut?: um again i have been looking stuff up and its becoming a bit easier to understand, you dont need to be rude.
  8. manutdfan539

manutdfan539 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So you know how to code, huh?

What language?