im going back to natetrues method

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by stabbyjoe12, Jan 28, 2008.

1. stabbyjoe12

stabbyjoe12 Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    because this stupid dev team one broke my ipod so i did it again and installer still does it
    dont send me links to the stickys i no ive tried them all none work
    i though the dev team one would be good and help me but no it caused me al sorts of problems
    anyone else had major problems?
  2. hangman323

hangman323 New Member

the dev team version was a little complicated i found ibrikr to be alot more simple.
  3. iatealitlebabie

iatealitlebabie New Member

Follow the link in my signature if your going to use the nate true method.
  4. myboot

myboot New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I jailbroke to Nate's 1.1.3 without any problems on Saturday afternoon. Then Saturday night the "Official Dev Jailbreak" came out.

I gave that a go on Sunday morning and spent most of the day trying to get it to work on my Ipod Touch. And as of like 8pm last night, I finally succeeded.

(I used the the method here.) 1.1.1 JB > 1.1.2 JB > Add official dev 1.1.3 files, run them through SSH.

The biggest roadblocks I ran into:

1) I learned that it's pretty important to update to the latest version of Installer.app while still on the 1.1.2 Jailbreak. Read: do it before 1.1.3 JB.

2) I learned that the Main Script Execution Error when trying to install Apps though installer in 1.1.3 can be caused by all of the following: not enough disk space, apps directory moved incorrectly, or incorrect permissions on apps directory or the installer.app.

3) I learned that the first thing you should so when hitting 1.1.3 is move your apps directory. Only move it using BossTool 34a or 35 (do not use 34 or anything else, or SSH and CHMOD. Too many bad methods floating around out there. Only use Bosstool. I had to restore three times after trying three different suggested methods of moving the apps directory and NONE OF THEM WORKED!

4) I downloaded the files necessary to enable Iphone apps and jiggly early on. It's important to CHMOD the Springboard file properly before reboot or you will screw up your Springboard app and no apps will come up. (Can be resolved by SSH'ing in and CHMODing it properly.) I also here that there are Installer sources now that can do this.
  5. youresilly

youresilly New Member

I stood on NateTrues Jailbreak. I haven't had any problems.. just the mailfix. all apps and wiggly icons work :]
  6. kappatango

kappatango New Member

NateTrue's method works. Period.

But you have to accept the following:

Its IPHONE firmware. Not Ipod Touch. If you could see a logfile from the system, I bet there are continuous system errors generated internally, while on the outside it appears fine.

It is not compatible with the upcoming SDK OR NIKITA update. That means you are not set for the inevitable 1.1.4/SDK deployment.

Worse still - if SDK is released with no firmware update, you could be unable to use it.

Yes the DEV team method is uncomfortable to get right. But, I am running it with no errors, all functioning correctly.

If you are reading this and havent broken yet, click the link in my sig which will make you aware of the issues you might face on the DEV team break, but also provide you with the solutions around the known bugs.
  7. GeorgeGabriel

GeorgeGabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Use the Dev jailbreak.

Although they both work, the dev one is more reliable and is likely to be more compatible in the future.