Im giving up soon, how do I jailbreak my ipod touch 2g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by tekgek, Jan 31, 2009.

1. tekgek

tekgek New Member

Hello, all.

Since this is my first post, I dont know what you guys might need to help me with this, but I will try to give all the information I've got.

I have an ipod touch 2g running firmware 2.2.1 (5H11a). I have tried using multiple version of QuickPwn on windows, the most recent one being 2.2 -5. They all give me one of two errors, which are essentially either, the firmware version is not supported by the version of QuickPwn, or that the firmware is not the same as that of the touch, which it is, given that I have restored the touch twice with the same firmware file.

I am now completely at a loss as to what to do. I have followed several tutorials, and none of them work. I have access to macs, if I have to use them, but I prefer using a windows machine.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tekgek
  2. fly_easy

fly_easy Member

Unless things changed since midnight last night(1/30), you can't jailbreak 2g's. There are tons of posts saying this. Read.
  3. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    but see thats the magic of time!
    last night-no can't be done
    today- ya it is possible

at op i cant help u i can wait until the untethered is release to jailbreak adn thats when i will jailbreak
  4. yogensha

yogensha New Member

They released the redsn0w tethered jailbreak I believe.
  5. tekgek

tekgek New Member

i read some of those posts, and I have conflicting answers. Some people say that they have done it, and others say that they have not. I figured that there might be an easier way than xpwn, but apparently there is not. Anyway, thanks for the clarification.

EDIT: I was responding to fly_easy's post. I think I will wait until there is a jailbreak that does not require a tether to boot
  6. fly_easy

fly_easy Member

The hell did this happen? Did the site crash? lol
    Sorry Op!