I'm getting an iPhone EDGE, and I have some questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sents, Jul 17, 2008.

1. sents

sents New Member

Hello. I'm planning in gettin an iPhone at some random store (I live in Venezuela), so is probably that it will not be 1.1.4, and I have some questions:

1. I will use ZiPhone 3.0 in a XP SP2, it will everything be OK? or I have to use other unlocking software, because here in Venezuela, no phone company sells the iPhone, and everyone who has an iPhone in this country, it's gotta be unlocked.
    2. It doesn't matter that it's 1.1.1, 1.1.2..? Because if I want to upgrade, I'll look for some videos in youtube.
    3. I have iTunes 7.7, if I use ZiPhone 3.0 and an iPhone (let's say 1.1.3), it's everything OK?, or I have to downgrade from 7.7 to 7.5?
    4. If something goes bad

These are my worries for the moment, I hope you can answer. Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

well u can use ziphone with no problems but it has to be firmware 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 those two are the only ones that work with ziphone (well actually 1.1.5 should work too but not recomended really) and u can upgrade with no problems either if im not mistaken with itunes ooo yeah but u would have to download 1.1.4 from a source cause right now if u upgrade directly from itunes it would be 2.0 and that is not unbreakable (not yet)

and for more questions and if u want to talk in spanish in this forum look in the international sections cause we have a big enough section .... welcome
  3. sents

sents New Member

Gracias por la respuesta! So, which software I can use to unlock, jailbreak the iPhone if it's 1.0.2 to 1.1.2? And the iTunes 7.7 won't crash anything or I have to downgrade?
  4. Monkey Jam

Monkey Jam New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iPhone doesnt have 1.1.5. Just wait for a 2.0 jailbreak shouldnt be too long, and you get app store (for free cos your on an iPhone!!) Pwnage 2.0 will also support unlocking aswell for 2.0. I wouldnt use ZiPhone on an iPhone, if you are desperate, use iLiberty or Pwnage.
  5. sents

sents New Member

But, with which software can I unlock a 1.1.2 iPhone or a less version?

Is good to have iTunes 7.7 to do all that stuff, or I have to downgrade. Thanks.
  6. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

i would definitely NOT use ziphone. use iLiberty or pwnage. ziphone can do unrepairable damage to your baseband.

i would update the phone to 1.1.4 before you do anything. therer's really no sense being on any other firmware.

i don't think it will matter if your on iTunes 7.7

enjoy your iPhone!!

Please Register or Log in to view images