I'm from canada, should I sell my current iPhone?

Discussion in 'General Apple Chat' started by irivest, Jun 3, 2008.

?

What should I do?

  1. Sell it now and take a chance

    15 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Wait to be sure then sell it

    4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Neither, keep it.

    1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. irivest

    irivest New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    1
    Hi everyone. I'm from canada and I own an iPhone. I posted an add on kijiji just to see if I could easily sell my iPhone. I got bid up to 500$ Now the problem. We all know next monday = 3g iPhone. I'll probably go to the US to buy one. But, if I sell my iPhone now, may be the 3g will only be released on July. But if I wait until July to sell it, people will know about the 3g iPhone so mine will sell lower. What shuold I do? Sell it now (and take a chance) or wait and sell for lower? Thanks
  2. carpz

    carpz New Member

    Joined:
    Mar 28, 2008
    Messages:
    292
    Likes Received:
    8
    Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I would seel it now, cuz if the 3g comes out none will want to buy a old iphone for 500 buckaroos
    and if it doesnt com out till july, than just use a different phone for the time being.
  3. irivest

    irivest New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    1
    But I don't own another phone.
  4. Adsaa

    Adsaa Member

    Joined:
    May 22, 2008
    Messages:
    30
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    2G iPod touch
    then buy another cheaper
  5. irivest

    irivest New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    1
    Why would I?
    By the way, great first post mate. A nice way to introduce you to the community

    Please Register or Log in to view images

  6. Ezra

    Ezra Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 23, 2008
    Messages:
    1,122
    Likes Received:
    41
    Device:
    iPhone
    Is your iphone 8 or 16gb?
  7. irivest

    irivest New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    1
    8GB does it matter?
  8. organerito

    organerito New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    Messages:
    238
    Likes Received:
    0
    Device:
    iPod touch
    I wouldn't pay 500 for the Iphone V1, if the V2 is coming soon. I would say that if you can get now 500, go for it. When the V2 arrives, your V1 is going to be worth less.
  9. irivest

    irivest New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2007
    Messages:
    73
    Likes Received:
    1
    Yes but if i sell it now and buy the one and I can't unlock it I'm screwed. I think I'll wait until next monday then I'll decide.
  10. Andy Huang

    Andy Huang Retired Moderator

    Joined:
    Oct 5, 2007
    Messages:
    968
    Likes Received:
    5
    Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sell it now if you can sucker a dumb buyer that doesn't know about the new iphone coming out... But you'd be without an iPhone for a few days (assuming it does come out on the day we all think it will).

Share This Page