I'm Back....with questions.

Discussion in 'iDevice competitors' started by canesfan, Jul 25, 2010.

1. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hey guys,

I've been at sleepaway camp since June 14th, I just got back today. I'm having a hard time catching up. Originally, I was planning on getting the iPhone 4 immediately. Now that I'm noticing some problems with reception and all that, I'm beginning to have second thoughts. What has been done and are the problems that severe? I am on AT&T and I have good cell signal everywhere I go. Should I still get the new iPhone? Also, what is the current Jailbreak status for hardware and firmware?
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    MC/iPhone 4 are unjailbroken on 4.0+ and some people have experienced problems, some haven't. 4.0.1 was supposed to fix it, and it helped, but didn't fix it.
  3. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    So what is your advice? Should I wait? Or since I have good signal to begin with, buy it?
  4. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I do not own an iPhone 4 but some other users might be able to help you, be wary that they might have very vary'd views since some experience the problems and some dont, making some have very positive responses, and some very negative views, i recommend getting a few peoples opinions.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I'd go to an Apple Store, and play with one. Then, go to an AT&T store and check out the Samsung Captivate and the HTC Aria. See which one you like best, and roll with it.
  6. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I have one, and if you have good service most places you go, you will be fine. the death grip never bothers me unless i try to make it. even before i got a case. I would definately reccomend it.
  7. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Cool, some other questions:
    1. I have a regular sim card, I;m guessing I need to cut that down to microSIM size, sounds easy enough. Will it still work with my cut down SIM? (I will be activating with AT&T)
    2. I'm having trouble locating where the iPhone 4 is in stock. It's available at Best Buy and Wal-Mart as well. Where should I look/Who do I call?
    3. I am planning on purchasing MobileMe, but before I left I remember rumors of a free version, any development on that?
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Doesn't the iPhone 4 come with a micro sim?

I haven't heard any new rumors on the free MobileMe.
  9. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    They weren't 'rumors'. They were more 'MobileMe should be free.' And it should. But there haven't been any real rumors about that.
  10. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Oh ok. I've decided to go ahead and buy the iPhone 4. Im probably getting the 16GB black one.