Im at my wits end!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by katpeeler, Mar 10, 2008.

1. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Please help a noobie out. I have used the search on this but cannot find the answer I have an un-jailbroken itouch with the most current update and Im having problems with soundtrack albums...
    1= In itunes the soundtracks are scattered all over my library with only one song in each (meaning, if I have 5 songs on a soundtrack I have 5 different areas they appear in my library). I have went back and made sure the compulation box is checked

2=I cannot seem to get the album art to attatch to the soundtrack. I have found art on amazon and drag and drop but it doesnt appear on my itouch. Ive done this procedure with regular cds and it works. It just does it on soundtracks or various artists

If someone could please point me in the right direction it would be very appreciated..thanx
  2. nohfournoh

nohfournoh New Member

all you can do when dealing with SONDTRACKS is to play around with your library.. try to get everything to match perfectly including album art (get info, artwork, add.)

try to have all info the same

ALBUM ARITIST: Various Artisits
    ALBUM: the soundtrack
    song # orders correct

SOmetimes when im doing soundtracks it gets a little messed up....

just play around and do everything you can to get them all in ONE ALBUM.
  3. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Thanx man so what do you mean my song # are correct??? If I put various artist will the artists still come up in my library as a artist search??....Meaning if I want to here all of my Eric Clapton will I be able to here the Eric Clapton I have on my various artists??....
  4. jango271

jango271 Banned

Suggestion: When you do figure your current mess out, and feel comfortable, It might be a good idea to jailbreak your ipod

Please Register or Log in to view images

just a suggestion
  5. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Well since you brought it up..What IS Jailbreak???....Ive looked around here and I can figure out its a hack but what exactly does it do for the itouch?????..I cant find an exact answer for that either....thanx for all the help

Looks like I just highjacked my own thread

6. jango271

jango271 Banned

Well, the simple answer would be that to jailbreak your ipod is to get full read/write access to your ipod's files. This allows you to install hacker-made applications either manually from your computer or through an application called installer (go figure). When you hack your ipod to gain read/write access (jailbreak it), you have an advantage over other people with non-hacked ipods: the ability to run any application that you make/get from other people FOR FREE!! Thats the best part, while other people wait in joyful hope for the coming of the SDK apps that they need to pay for, we get apps just as good at no cost whatsoever. Thats the idea in a nutshell. For more info about the whole thing, I suggest you look around more

7. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Thanx jango, I have looked around and there are some interesting things that I would like to do like change the way the icons/themes look..but other than that with the apps and all I dont see that much of an advantage...BUT Im talking with no experience also..

8. marko

marko New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    katpeeler, i Jbd mine about a month ago ( i was on 1.1.2 firmware so didnt have the latest apps that yours probably has) before i did it i could play music and vids, surf the internet and keep contacts.
    since i did it i can now in addition to that, send email, sync my calendar with google calendar, downlaod youtube movies directly to the ipod, write notes and read ebooks, download music directly from seeqpod, download images directly from google, read pdf files, change icon order and appearance, play games (lots of them) customize the way everything looks including the ipod and locked icons at the top, and use free software to ssh into it and change things around.
    it not only add incredible functionality (its more like a computer than an mp3 player now) its also MINE, unique to me.
    i would definitely recommend doing it.

in answer to your first question, select all the tracks you want to keep together, right click and "get info". make sure the album is the same for all the songs and paste the artwork in there. it should keep them all together and providing the artists names are all unique you should still find all your Eric Clapton in the same place under artists view
  9. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

thanx marko..about the JB that seems pretty cool stuff there. Your right, I already have maps, mail, weather etc on mine which are nice. But I AM NOT computer savy. I might try this once I get more confortable with it. I have looked around in here and there are some neat things but some of the stuff like abreviations I dont know what they mean. Like what apps does what. Is there a definiton post around here??.....

And about the soundtracks, I did what you said already and it seemed to help out. I ran out of time and had to go to work but it seems that my itunes has all the album art now on my soundtracks. But it doesnt show up on my coverflow on the itouch. But it does show up when I go to my "soundtrack" section on my itouch. Maybe its just a little buggy..

10. anubis2night

anubis2night New Member

hey welcome to the boards, if your not computer savy I would recommend just doing a bit of reading and searching, and yes the first time you come here it could be a little hard, people will tell you to use the search button, but that will only help if you know what to search for

anyways take it slow as your not really confortable yet. Maybe take a look at Youtube if your more of a visual person then when you see or hear of a term that your want to do look it up here in the search bar and read up a bit, notice what others have done wrong and take a few notes as it's always easier to learn from others mistakes.

Now if you want to JB (jailbreak) your ipod you can use the ZiPhone method, do a seach and before you try it out take a look at your model is it a 8gb 16gb 32 gb a touch or a Iphone? once you know that before you do anything take a look at a youtube video and see if there's any known errors that might happen then research those and see what work arounds are offered if any. This should keep you from making mistakes and then trying to fix them. All in all, using the Ziphone method and doing a little research ahead of time you can JB (jail break) your ipod in minutes and then folowing some instruction guides on here as to the version of firmware you have, you should be able to add the first few important apps from the installer (just look for the new app icon on your ipod) BTW app stands for Application, Icon is your button you tap for Applications (think music, safari, ect.) Anyways hope that helps.