IM alert app?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Tachyon, Dec 4, 2008.

1. Tachyon

Tachyon New Member

Are there any IM apps that will alert you when you recieve an IM (on wifi of course) even though you're haven't open the app on your screen. For example if you are in safari and someone IMs you, it'll beep or something letting you know you have an IM. I have the AIM app and have it set to "do not log me off when I close app", but every time I click back to the app, it signs back in and I see I have a few messages that were sent to me when I was in safari or something.
  2. dean11

dean11 New Member

not that i know of. The SDK rules are that an app cant run in the background which is what is needed to be able to do this
  3. WhightKnight

WhightKnight Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey bro I recently found out that you can send SMS messages through email. For this you would need to know the person's cell phone # AND their service provider. Then when you go to email type in for the "To:" 5551234567@vtext.com and your message will go streight to their cell phone. When they reply it will go to your inbox, and using the Push feature, evey 15 minutes your iPod Touch/iPhone will check if you got a new message.

That is the best I can think of. For other service provider email's just search google or something (vtext is for verizon wireless). If you really can't find them, pm me and I will find them.
  4. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

if you use the mail2web service as in username@mail2web.com then it pushes to your mailbox instantly instead of every 15 mins, its really good but it doesnt help for IM just SMS and email
  5. 296637

296637 New Member

If you have it jailbroken, look on cydia for Insomnia, then open app and press and hold home button.

enjoy