im about to snap my ipod touch in half...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by LovesToTouch, Dec 24, 2008.

1. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    So i get up and go to snyc my ipod touch to add some new movies for my trip that im going on in a few hours. And its like yada yada if you add these its going to erase all previous synced items and add your library to your ipod touch. So i was like okay. After it synced i had like 1.2 gigs in other when i usually had like 200 mbs there. So I got pissed off and tried to erase it and i couldn't find a way so i when to reset and erase content. An hour later the bar finishes and It goes to the apple logo and the little spinning circle comes up and stops spinning after a few seconds then stays frozen for 20 seconds and the flashes black and restarts the process, is this normal? I have to leave in an hour or so and im trying to get this sorted out HELP.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    it just keeps doing this someone please help i have to leave for a week and a half in a hour and a half....
  2. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Im not usualy one to just say 'restore' but have you tried? Then resyncing your library back on?
  3. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

thats not the ipods fault thats itunes fault
    i tend to avoid syncing with itunes as much as I can
    then again I don't watch movies or tv shows on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. SteezyG

SteezyG New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    just restore and resync everything. you should have enough tie to do this in an hour
  5. LovesToTouch

LovesToTouch New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    its stuck on the apple logo it wont recongnize a computer and occasion a spinning loading circle pops up for a second then freezes after that the screen flashes black and it restarts the process.
    Its only a few days old and im just going to take it back to best buy
  6. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    You have to manually enter recovery mode. Turn the ipod off, then while the ipod is disconnected from computer hold down home button, while holding down home button connect to computer with usb, keep holding home till enters recovery mode. Restore then resync. If i was you i would put it on manually sync music/videos so you wont have that problem again.
  7. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah I would actually do this. Unless you ran out of time. But you see the problem with Windows and iTunes is that it just sucks. It happens to me as well so don't worry. You can fix it.