I'm about to smash my touch into tiny pieces, please help!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by taylorfaux, Nov 23, 2008.

1. taylorfaux

taylorfaux New Member

Hi, I just signed up today and tried to find answers by searching the forums but came up short. My problem is, when I attached my Touch to my girlfriends computer that I use to upload my ripped CDs from it started the whole sync process, but I accidentally hit don't transfer files. Well it deleted a couple movies of mine. no big deal i've still got the DVDs. It went through most of the backup phase and then the AppleMobile Backup program crashed on me... Now it said that I wasn't allowed to use all my software from the app store that I bought and paid for, so it deleted half of them, and the ones that for some reason stayed on the Ipod now crash immediately upon launching any of them. So i'm pretty bummed out. I didn't perform the 2.2 update yet. So my questions are: Are these programs able to be reinstalled? Do I need to update first? (i tried downloading a free program since the snafu, and it doesn't download at all.) And am I screwed out of all the money I spent on programs from the App Store or do they keep track of what you downloaded and are able to get it again?
    I know I'm new here, I couldn't find any exact answers from searching the forums, so I'm pretty desperate here if any one can help I'll love you long time.
  2. Atl

Atl New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    From my knowledge, you can download anything you bought previously again with iTunes. Just log into your account and download them all. It should be free.

I would do a restore before that though, then redownload apps and add media.
  3. taylorfaux

taylorfaux New Member

I really really hope so that gives me a huge relief. I would have been pretty upset if I was out any money I spent on music and games.
    Yeh it's weird I just tried to play some of my music, half my purchased music plays, and the other half the songs are still there including the album covers but no audio is played.... oh well I'll try a restore and full system update tommorrow, and try to hunt down a way to download my purchased content.
    Thank you!
  4. uber hax

uber hax Guest

instead of smashing it, blend it! We know an iphone will blend but not an ipod touch.

Please Register or Log in to view images

and when you buy something on itunes, you buy the rights to it. Like when i delete a purchased item from my library i can always go back to the itunes store and download it for free, because i already bought it.
  5. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    • Irrelevant/off-topic posts
    Smash the god damn thing.
  6. butteronaroll

butteronaroll New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    you really need to stop spamming and start helping people instead of mocking them.
  7. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Sorry, master *bows*
  8. butteronaroll

butteronaroll New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    please dont bow to me. just take my advice and you'll make some more friends here.
  9. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S2
    i wuld reinstall or update the FW.
    Your apps shuld be easy to get again for free:
    if you log in on the appstore and download something you've already baught there will be a message that you can download the app for free (you must always have baught the app to get this message!

<-

)
  10. taylorfaux

taylorfaux New Member

Ok thanks for your help! I just restored the system with the new update and got everything going again, so the only casualties were my dvd's I ripped on my computer, but I still have those, I appreciate the help I'm still trying to get a grasp on when to sync/backup all that jazz without nasty things happening to my iPod