I'm a Noob, Help me please.

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by stainless, May 5, 2008.

1. stainless

stainless New Member

I just downloaded Summerboard and i have a Mac, But i cant figure out how to get the files i download from here onto my ipod 'cuz the mac wont recognize it as a harddrive.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. crazyvanya

crazyvanya Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    First off, install OpenSSH from the System category in installer.
    Then, install AFPd, by finding it in all categories. Respring.
    Open the app 'AFPd' Tick 'on' for everything

Next, go to Finder, select Network in the left tab. If 'My Hacked iPhone' shows up, for username and password type in 'root' then 'alpine' respectively, without the quotations.

Alternatively, you can follow this guide: http://rupertgee.wordpress.com/2008/02/09/ssh-ipod-touch-mac/ or try :http://rupertgee.wordpress.com/2007/12/29/mount-ipod-thumb/ (more concise instructions than mine) Don't worry about notice at the top of the page.

Oh yeah. Once you've 'SSHd in' navigate to

var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes
  3. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

u can install whatt the person above me said .... And for a mac u should download cyberduck .... That's a great sftp program to ssh into ur iPod...... Once u have openssh and bad subsystem installed in ur iPod u turn on ur wifi and in cyberduck start a new connection select Secure File transfer protocol (SFTP) the u should put ur iPod's IP address ( to see it u can go settings and then to wifi connection and if u open the blue arrow in ur wifi u will open another window and u can see it now..... This is in the iPod of course) once u type ur IP address u have to enter root for user and alpine por pasword ...... Once u r in then u can go to the direction that the person above me told u... Good luck ..... If u need extra help u can PM me or just post it here