im a noob and i have a question about jailbreaking

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by jason.arno, Dec 14, 2007.

1. jason.arno

jason.arno New Member

So ive read a lot, and i mean a lot about jailbreaking ipod touches. So Ive learned there is multiple ways to jailbreak an ipod touch. So I've learned the easiest is going to a number of different websites and just having it do its thing through safari, and others ive seen on youtube about going through numerous steps like ftp, blah blah blah...so my question is:

After i jailbreak my ipod and get installer.app on my ipod, do i have to use ftp, and all that stuff, or once i get installer, can i just get everything off websites and such. Or am i totally on the wrong page here???? Any help would much very much appreciated. Thanks!
  2. Night-Hawk

Night-Hawk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    what is FTP????
  3. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Once you get installer, you can get 95% of everything off of it. There are a few things that needed to be added if you want them via SSH. Happy Hunting.
  4. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

You can download numerous applications via-installer (themes, toys, updates, games w/e)

You can use SSH/FTP to transfer roms to the iPod, install some themes that are not in the Installer.
    Also export files from the touch to the computer in case you need em... It might be a bit confusing but you'll be ok, I'm sure you'll understand everything by the time you jailbreak your touch.

Edit: FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol.
  5. NeoCracer_BE

NeoCracer_BE New Member

I had nearly the same question

Please Register or Log in to view images

Once you have Customize.app, can u set directly an wallpaper from there, or do you have to go through FTP ?
    (I do not own an iPod touch yet, but I will have one in 2 weeks.)

Also in the 1.1.2 jailbreak ultility on Mac, do you just need to double click the .jab file?
    So you need to extract the zip file into any specific map?

Thanks in advance