I'm a happy customer.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bigjzoo, Sep 22, 2010.

1. bigjzoo

bigjzoo Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    My iPod finally arrived at Best Buy and I love it.

Retina Display

It's simply amazing. After using it for a few hours, I went back to my old iPod and it looked fuzzy and terrible.

Camera Quality

The camera quality is pretty bad but I won't be using my iPod to many pictures, so it's a very minor setback. You can tap to focus on both cameras but zoom is only available to the rear facing one. I attached some pictures. They are of my case. The last two were taken using zoom.

Video quality

The videos are better than the photos, but I haven't tested it much. I will mention the ticking later in the post.

Multitasking/Speed

It is much snappier and handles multitasking very well as it should. I do miss Remove Recents though.

Battery

The battery does not drain at all over night for me or throughout if it is not in use.

Defects

My iPod has no light leaks, battery problems, or anything else besides the video and voice recording ticking which can be fixed by turning off Wifi.

Case

I bought the Griffin Reveal in Black. It is a one piece, hard case with a clear back and black silicone (I think. It might be something else such as TPU) around the edges.

iOS 4.1 Glitches

Some of the glitches include having two homescreens stay halfway and having the search keyboard not come up if you move flick it fast enough.

Overall, I love my new iPod and would recommend it to anyone.

I will keep the post updated if I experience anything else.

Attached Files:

2. applehacker

applehacker Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well enjoy ur new ipod 4g
  3. BigD

BigD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    cool have fun
  4. lqv2015

lqv2015 New Member

I'm getting mine as soon as my 2nd gen sells on Craigslist. I got to play with my friend's for a bit & I'm kind of hesitant to pull the trigger.

First of all my 2nd still does it's job very well. Only problem is I'm running out of space on it's 16gb storage size. So I can definitely use a more spacious touch.

The 4th gen does offer better text/picture image but that's not a must have for me. Zooming in & out on web pages still does the trick. Although 960x640 images looks fantastic. Video quality that was 480x270 looks crappy. So you'll have to rip movies at a higher resolution. The still camera stinks. So I might wait until Apple update on that. I need a good camera since I don't have one. But what I love is the speed of that sucker. Apps/games runs a lot smoother, multitasking is great, basically no lag whatsoever compared to my 2nd gen.

So should I wait or give in & get a 4th gen?
  5. scrumper

scrumper New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Good to see another happy customer. I've had mine two weeks now and it's amazing! No defects or issues either. Perfecto!
  6. ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90 Banned

Device:
    iPad
    You should post some pictures.
  7. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

id like to add to this thread as well as i didnt want to make a new one.

the last time i owned an ipod touch was about 2.5 years ago and that was the 1st generation. i said to myself that the next ipod touch i would own would need to have a camera to keep me interested/"entertained". well, i finally got my 2 iPT4's; one for myself, one for the fiance (she came from a 1st gen too) and holy sh*t i really enjoy this device. what a nice upgrade from the 1st generation...

i dont know why everyone b*tches about the camera in terms of stills. i personally enjoy it and the quality really isnt that bad. on the devices' screen itself the photos look amazing. the display quality helps a lot. in fact, the first thing that blew me away was the quality of the display (fiance and i just "woah'd"). physical volume controls are nice (new for us, not for you guys though hah).

the addition of multitasking (finally! something i am used to on a WM device) is an excellent bonus. the speed of the device thanks to the new A4 chip is just another bonus (again, coming from 1st generation ipod touches this is something you notice dramatically). in terms of the problems people have reported (light leak, wifi ticking), we don't have these issues thankfully.

ill post some of my photos taken with the camera in the other thread later.
  8. iBenji

iBenji Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Glad you enjoy it! Have fun
  9. mkm159

mkm159 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    i am definitely enjoying mine as well.
    im obsessing over it lol
    ive had it for a couple of days and i refuse to take it out of the house without a case. i only took it today to best buy to have an IS installed and damn that shield is not letting anything through. very nice.

i love the speed (coming from a crapped out 2G) and i honestly love the cameras. on the device, the picture isnt bad if you dont shake too much. and the video quality is excellent! very nice device! worth the 323 i spent.
  10. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    CAreful, if it gets too hot, my theory says that it may cause a light leak...dum de dum.

BTW its "I am a happy vegemite(marmite)"