iLounge Gets News On Rumors Apple Tablet

Discussion in 'iPad Rumors and Pre-release Hype' started by the goat, Sep 29, 2009.

1. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Apple has created at least three separate prototypes of its tablet computer. Let’s call it “iPad.”

Version 1 was designed with a 7” screen, which was judged to be too small. The latest version has a 10.7” screen.

It runs iPhone OS.

There have been reports that it looks like an iPhone. They’re sort of true. It looks like an iPhone 3G, complete with a curved back.

It will come in two different variations: one with 3G networking capabilities, and one without 3G networking capabilities. Think of the 3G version as a bigscreen iPhone 3GS, and the non-3G version as a bigscreen iPod touch.

Screen resolutions will obviously jump considerably from the iPhone and iPod touch 480x320-pixel displays, enabling easy reading of full-sized book and magazine pages, plus cropped newspaper pages. Expect something like 5-6 times the resolution of an iPod touch or iPhone screen (720p or thereabouts) and 7 times the touchable surface area.

It is designed to expand the iPhone and iPod touch media concept to its next potential level: as a slate-like replacement for books and magazines, plus all of the media, gaming, app, and web functionality of the iPhone and iPod touch.

It is not meant to compete with netbooks. It’s an iPhone OS media player and light communication device.

Apple is currently planning to announce it on or before January 19, 2010, and to use an iPhone-like hype buildup period to start selling it in May or June.

It is apparently awaiting a final green light from Steve Jobs; chances of it appearing in the market are believed to be 80% at this point.

What a downer if that really is true :/

Sauce
  2. Xhiea

Xhiea Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    goodbye professional market if it truly runs iPhone OS.

I cannot imagine it being cheaper than the iphone/ipod touch, i dont see why people would spend more on something you need something to carry it with, cant imagine something with a 10.7" screen fitting in your pocket.
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    LOL Real Racing or NFS:U on a large iPhone xD
  4. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  5. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

Damn, if it did run the iPhone OS, it would be a real let down, but i still might look into getting it.

But, rumours are rumours, don't believe till i see.
  6. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

So this means that they're either going to add it to AT&T or some other carrier for the 3G version? meh. just get an iphone.
  7. DeamonFish

DeamonFish Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Amen, i would get it (3G less). but the whole iPhone OS would just have me using my iPod, well i guess it could be JBed Right?
  8. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    FO iPhone OS. But, as Manic said, rumours are rumours.
  9. the goat

the goat Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I didn't think of that

Please Register or Log in to view images

If its gonna have iPhone OS, and 3G capabilities, so its gonna be a phone too?!?

WTF

John: 'So how big is your phones screen then?'
    Bob: 'I got an iPhone, 3.5 inch'
    John: 'HA!!! YOU SUCK!!!!!! I GOT THE NEW IPAD ITS 10.7 INCH'

Bit weird having a 10 inch phone?

IF this is all true
  10. ALBIM

ALBIM New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't believe that they could have the info of an 80% chance, unless Steve himself provided the rumors.

Someone, somewhere along the rumor line, made this up.