illegal users warning.

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by kurtisboyd, Feb 11, 2008.

1. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm not sure this is in the right section so mods if it isn't please move it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Okay, so this is a bit embarrasing...
    But I found this source on the internet, and when I installed it it was Blaze Private.

I was like oops so i was going to delete it, and I saw an 'illegal users warning'. I was like 'oh cr*p' and I installed it hoping it would say something like "thanks for your honesty please remove this" and i thought if i didn't install it i would get in bad trouble.

So I installed it and now i can't uninstall it. I removed the source and that didn't help.

I didn't mean to install the source because on the site it didn't say what it was.

so how do i uninstall it and if i can't where is it located so i can shh into my ipod and delete it. if i do this is it safe?
  2. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    bump

what does this thing do anyway besides not being able to uninstall it?
  3. eozoon

eozoon New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well he claims he can brick your ipod, but I don't see how that's possible unless he removes chunks of vital files when you uninstall the thing, like the kid at jmwiki did. (That would be childish and malicious, but I wouldn't put that beyond him :/ Seeing as you aren't able to remove it, I sorta suspect that's what he's trying and may be the new version of Installer learned from the jmwiki incidence and prevented similar things from happening.)

Is this something that only shows up in your uninstall list of the installer? (i.e. nothing in the springboard, and not in the Applications folder)
    It'd be safe to leave it alone untouched, don't update even if update is avaliable.

If it's too annoying to be kept in your uinstall list, you can get rid of it by editing your
    /private/var/root/Library/Installer/LocalPackages.plist
    file (easy if you're on OSX, bit of a headache if you're on Windows, make sure you back up). There you can see what file (if any) was put on your ipod and remove if necessary (back up everything you remove/change if you aren't sure what you're doing)
  4. kurtisboyd

kurtisboyd Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks..

yes this thing is just on the list of uninstall options in installer with no option of uninstalling (just reinstalling).

I'LL HAVE A LOOK AT THE .plist

EDIT: Thanks... I edited the .plist and got rid of it. REPS.
  5. AlliPodHax

AlliPodHax New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    it is full of bull, if you somehow got the repo from somewhere, its wrong to use it, but if you have it it can't do anything to your ipod, don't worry, theres nothing he could do to your ipod, unless he has a virus to download whichi dont think will ever happen.

Cheers,
    Ben.